• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Weight lifting belt, which one?

sssboi

Hi guys

It's happened a few times where I've been doing squats and my lower back muscles have been injured, I don't think it's form related as I've had a weak lower back all my life. So I think I should try a belt even though my squats aren't that heavy.

What belts do you guys recommend and where should I buy it from?

I'm 5'7" and 60kgs if it makes any difference.

Thanks

From what I can see they all seem to be serious belts, as I'm trying to be cost efficient and I'm not in any competitions, I feel the outbak ones are best suited to me. I'm not sure which one to go for though, what do you recommend?

OutBak Belt (Leather Powerlifting Belt) - Muscle Genesis - Discount Supplements Australia -
OutBak Belt (Leather Weight Training Belt) - Muscle Genesis - Discount Supplements Australia -

I just hope this helps with my back injuries

EDIT: I also found this, which is a reasonable price, let me know which one to go with guys
http://www.inzernet.com/detail_belt.asp?PRODUCT_ID=FOREVER_LEVER_10MM

Last edited:
If you want the inzer one please add it to the inzer group buy list thread in the strength section.

Cheers

Inzer 10mm Forever Belt (lever or 1 prong, not the 2 prong, apparently it's hard to put on) - you won't regret it

The other option is the to give Minh a call at Titan Australia and get a titan one.. much of a muchness comparatively to inzer.. or even PM him.. he's pretty prompt and always good to bounce ideas off.

undergroundelite

Hey mate
id really advice on the undergroundelite(UGE) belts. I just purchased one, a 4" belt as my old one was wering out n the buckle left marks on my nice white tanks(devo). Im very happy with the quality of the belt and its design/price. Iv used many brands belts but i find the support n comfort of UGE way above others.
And they give awesome service/shipping.
happy hunting

I'll refer to the opinions of more experienced persons, just get a sturdy, 4" wide belt (same width all the way around) that is easy to adjust and built to last. They're all pretty much going to work the same way. I still just use a heavy duty velcro belt, as it is very easy to adjust.For me it has to be Gripped Weightlifting belts.A powerlifting belt doesn’t just offer protection when completing a heavy workout in the gym. It can also help improve your performance by enhancing intra-abdominal pressure, which in turn stabilises your core and midsection.

I use the spud 3-ply deadlifting belt and I love it!

Great support, doesn't feel uncomfortable like my old schiek lever belt and it actually feels safer (probably because the lever on my schiek belt was dodgy and prone to coming open).

Last edited:
I settled on one from Gorilla Wear, not necessarily because it is one of the leading brands (even though it does look nice) but because the wider belt around the back. With the other weight lifting belts I always felt like it was literally just a belt – this feels like way more support.