• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Food Poisoning - How to start to eat properly again?

jchen

Admits he threw a pine co
Might be a weird question but after having a farkkkking terrible bout of food poisoning sunday night , which has only just started to settle today, I am wondering when I will be ready to eat normally again?

I only ask as a mate who trains pretty hard said he had the same thing, stupidly ate some scrambled eggs when he thought he was feeling better and was turned off them for 6 years after. If i see any food on the t.v i change the channel, if i smell food, i go have a shower, I have NO appetite, and have eaten 2 apples and some gf crackers over the past 48hrs.

What are your thoughts on what I could be eating?

Often when I'm crook but have to force something down my throat I'll go for noodles. Just something light to keep starvation at bay.

Probiotics. Whilst everyone was vomitting I was watching TV drinking my kefir, though did get stomach pain and diarrhea no where near as bad as the other victims of eating at the same place though so I am sure it made a difference.

I have been taking heaps of probiotics daniel, as well as vit c, grape fruit seed extract and some other things.

It depends on the bacteria you where infected with. If it was staph, then nothing will help due to you reacting to the toxin, not the bacteria itself. Pro biotics will do very little in very bad cases of food poisining.

Or it could have been one of the 50 other reasons why yours wasn't as bad?

It was actually the same burger that was left over, the meat smelt a little funny... I ate 3/4 of the burger he ate the other quarter as I couldn't finish it...

I am wondering when I will be ready to eat normally again?

What are your thoughts on what I could be eating?

Responses differ with everyone. You just have to ween your self back onto food.

Start off by avoiding the food family that caused the illness then slowly add it back into your diet. Each time slowly desensitizing your self more and more.

I'm sure you probably new this already though.

Not sure how interested you are, but food poisoning is a form of "classical conditioning" Classical conditioning - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pathogenic bacteria causes the poisoning. Classical conditioning causes a person to avoid the food after the event. Another example would be getting alcohol poisoning off vodka & orange then from that event onward the smell of OJ makes the person nauseous even though it was the vodka that was the poison.

Last edited:
I find when my guts have been sick the fastest way to get back to eating well is to just eat whatever you like to eat for a few days, not necessarily what you should eat. I go for hot BBQ chicken and rice myself, kfc chips, canned creamy tomato soup, white bread with vegemite etc. Over a few days, you should get hungrier and go looking for more substantial meals hence shift back into your normal eating pattern. For me, its better to be in the pattern of eating anything than to allow myself to develop the types of psychological barriers you are referring to in your post. That is dangerous.

jchen - protein shakes in water, almonds & fishoil, fibre and fluids + all your vitamins and meds to help kick the shit?

side note - does that yakult stuff do anything or just another tv wank off product?

when i was in thailand on my last holiday i got food poisoning in the 2nd week i was there. went to doctors, they gave me some injections, some pills and put me on drips for fluids. had me fixed up in 2 days, but i didn't want to look at thai food again. the next 3 days i just ate at pizza hut and then went home a week early cos i was that put off the place that much from getting sick.