• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

GMOs Linked to Organ Disruption in 19 Studies

Christian

Active Member, June10MOTM
GMOs Linked to Organ Disruption in 19 Studies Permaculture Research Institute

A new paper shows that consuming genetically modified (GM) corn or soybeans leads to significant organ disruptions in rats and mice, particularly in livers and kidneys. By reviewing data from 19 animal studies, Professor Gilles-Eric Séralini and others reveal that 9% of the measured parameters, includingblood and urine biochemistry, organ weights, and microscopic analyses (histopathology), were significantly disrupted in the GM-fed animals. The kidneys of males fared the worst, with 43.5% of all the changes. The liver of females followed, with 30.8%. The report, published in Environmental Sciences Europe on March 1, 2011, confirms that “several convergent data appear to indicate liver and kidney problems as end points of GMO diet effects.” The authors point out that livers and kidneys “are the major reactive organs” in cases of chronic food toxicity...........

Poorly written one sided article. It only discusses studies on 2 types of GM soy and maize. Doesn't show any studies which showed zero organ disruption. I could go on.

I love this bit; Some of these tests used controversial protocols which are discussed and statistically significant results that were considered as not being biologically meaningful by regulatory authorities, thus raising the question of their interpretations.

Yet they went ahead and used the results anyway.

It also doesn't take a genius to realise a plant modified to produce B-toxin is not going to be good for you over the long term!

Welcome to science...

You can rip apart most studies to shreds yet no one seems to do this, except in this field.

This isn't a study, they have simply evaluated 19 studies and posted misguided results to try and persuade people.

Also, i don't need a welcome to science ;)

Also, if a study uses the strict procedures and processes whilst doing experiments/studies, and the results are reproducable, then you can't really rip it apart.

Also, if a study uses the strict procedures and processes whilst doing experiments/studies, and the results are reproducable, then you can't really rip it apart.

I believe what you are talking about is a meta analysis.. That is also used alot in journals I see it all the time. People look at dumb studies and come up a conclusion based off dumb shit.

How often does this happen... All the time. Your not the only one who does science/research.

Thats the problem life isnt strict... There are always too many variables. How can you moniter them all?

Yet you still posted the article?

I don't get it, that article is exactly as you described, trying to start an argument? Or just trying to cover you're ass now?

Thats the problem life isnt strict... There are always too many variables. How can you moniter them all?

You look at the methods and results, and compare them to other studies, if they don't compute, then you can usually pick a dodgy one.

It's pretty hard to get research published in respected journals, so when they do, they are usually legit. Hence why i stay away from all but a few journals/researchers/universities.

Blinkers off!

Funny you choose journals over research. That's a bit selective each study must be looked upon for it's merit.

Blinkers off..

Also there is more to science then journals...

You put research into journals for people to read, journals that are respected only put up research that is not dodgy. Like pubmed, ASM etc. etc. I thought we were talking about journals and how the article you posted was crap?