• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Ptc Sydney

TrentZor

Im thinking of starting up a ptc Sydney but am not sure where any recommendations for a venue would be and if any Sydney are interested. After visiting ptc frankston I have loved the atmosphere u get there and we don't have any like that in Sydney atm.

It will be in a small warehouse and have pretty much bench/cages/sleds/atlas stones/farmers walks/platforms/kettlebells.

Put it in Broadway.

Getting a place there would probably be too expensive, but if you do, I'll go, as it's next to uni :p

First look at what sydney has..

I beleive only olympic park and sutherland..

And work aorund that, somewhere central to everyone and close to transport / buses station at least.

Anythingnorth of the bridge no one will go.. Anything too west east/city/south people wont go.. So it has to probably be south east/inner west as discussed last night...

Marickville area perhaps.

Put it in Broadway.

Getting a place there would probably be too expensive, but if you do, I'll go, as it's next to uni :p

Too impractical...The idea is you want to go to this palce bcause its the best not because its the closest thing to you, but also be practical in a sense... The rents around innercity will send the place under within the first week.

This is why people form QLD have travelled to Frankston to lift...

It was meant as a joke, hence the :p. I know it's impractical. However, as good as the place is, I wouldn't travel to a gym that's far away on a regular basis, only occasionally.

BTW, what's the place in Olympic park?

Lol what the fuck! Ptc is going to have more gyms than fitness first at this rate...

Sounds awesome though, I am in...

Need any help just let me know as I think it would be an awesome idea.

Hope it happens and you haven't gotten me excited for nothing ceffo!

Ive been badgering PTC since last year when i last spoke to him about it. I have the capital to make it happen

power racks
olympic platform
Olympic bars
LOTSA of olympic plates
adjustable flat benches
olympic commercial benches
sleds
tires
farmers bars
bands
chains
Chin bars
Dumbells (up to 70kgs in fixed DB)
2 free standing dip stations
3/4" rubber mats
chalk and stands
some cardio equipment
Some mirrors
ropes and harnesses for any pulling

If clients think of anything else that is needed within reason i will be adding that in.

Initially open from 5pm-10pm weekdays
and 10am-5pm weekends as i also have a day job.

Im looking into building this at sydenham/marrickville (10min by train from the city). Any suggestions would be also welcome on location.

No cables/machines/pink fluff just dungeon style training.

Not just exclusively for powerlifters but anybody wanting to get stronger/faster bigger.. Ive been lifting for over 17 years and love lifting in general.

ProRaw comps will be held there once things start going.

Any queries pst me
Trent - 0421 790 933

I am currently working on the website and list of equipment to purchase as we speak.

If any of guys can see something im missing (equipment wise) from the above let me know.

There will be a certified personal trainer from this forum and strength coaches that will be working if any novices need a hand once setup.

About myself -
I myself have been lifting for over 17 years and also hold a certificate 3 in personal training about to do my strength and conditioning certification also have a UNI degree in engineering.

Comps -
Official ProRaw Sydney Comps will be held here at the gym with cash/prize giveaways if it kicks off. Like the ones held in Frankston.

Once again im not intending this place to be "commercialized" more a place where people can feed off each others positive energy to better themselves in terms of lifting. No more cardio bunnies.

not at the moment joel - I have well paying Job as an I.T manager which allows me to live comfortably but i have always wanted a place to train such as PTC where everybody just feeds off the positive energy with regular competitions to motivate u to be better personally.

ceffo you are the man!
all the best and keep us updated, i'm sure it'll do as well as sticky's place.

i'd travel from regional n.s.w to watch comps/maybe participate if this took off. Good luck. This motivates me a little bit more to keep up the strength training. Would be nice to meet some of you city folk to.

Shire Speed and Strength is pretty much what you're describing.

If your heart is set on it, definitely marrickville mate. Accessible, central, cheap rent (compared to city) heaps of sport around, but no real lifting. Heaps of supp stores though.

How about somewhere near Strathfield Ceffo? Good link to several train lines. A large chunk of your potential customers might find that convenient.

SS & S is out at Caringbah, that's pretty inconvenient for a lot of guys, you don't want to isolate yourself to that extent.

EDIT - Parramatta is not a bad location either, or one of those warehouses around Seven Hills industrial area.

There will be a certified personal trainer from this forum and strength coaches that will be working if any novices need a hand

Can you say who the coaches will be? This would be my main interest in the place - quality coaches. I've got everything I need at home except knowledge. If someone who really knew their stuff could coach me on form, then a once-a-week visit would definitely be worthwhile.

tat maytals- Sydenham is right next to Marrickville. The place im looking at is 100m from the station walking distance and its 10min by train from the city along with being the HUB for all traffic in and out of the city.

DKD - At the moment they will just be noobs (christian) and myself.
Coaches who want to use the facility to train their football teams can do so as well.

More news to come at the end of next week.

The below are some comps which will be running

- novice deadlift/bench/squatting comps with prize giveaways
- ATLAS ball comps along with farmers walks and sleds.. These will be available for members.