• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

uneven muscle tones? help!

FORSTER

hi, im a 17y.o guy and ive been working out for about 2 years on and off. i use supplements but ive started to notice that my left bicep and tricep are gaining a lot of mass and my right is noticablly smaller? but when im doing curls my right is a lot stronger than my left?

any ideas on what im doing wrong or what i need to do to fix it?

another problem im having is when im doing preacher curls sometimes the inside of my elbow starts to cramp? why is this?

thanks

Post a vid of your curl form. It worked well for another member a while back.

It's normal to have uneven development. No-one is perfectly symetrical.
However I have a theory that your dominant arm will have better neural connection, and will naturally be both stronger and more co-ordinated, requiring the muscle to be smaller to achieve the same outcomes.
Here's a tip - put on 10 or 15 kilos. I promise you'll care less which arm is smaller.

Thanks, I'm using mass gain supps aswell. Would it matter if I concentrated on my right(dominante) arm using a high weight and low reps to build mass and use a less weight and high reps on my left?

Thanks, I'm using mass gain supps aswell. Would it matter if I concentrated on my right(dominante) arm using a high weight and low reps to build mass and use a less weight and high reps on my left?

Not too sure but definitely worth a try.

Like someone else said, it's pretty hard for us to comment without a video mate.

I wouldn't suggest doing that.

First thing to do is eliminate any bilateral bicep work. So do all your bicep work with dumbells (or, god forbid, cables), so that your bi's are forced to at least do their own work and not compensate for one-another.

Second thing to do is stop worrying about how big and symetrical your biceps are. If you aren't getting on stage in a BB show soon, and you aren't a professional arm model then it doesn't matter. There isn't a single person in the world who is going to look close enough at your biceps to tell the difference - except you. So forget about it.

I have a fucked shoulder that looks funny and lumpy and not perfect. No-one gives a shit. All they see is the strong dude with big shoulders.

Get big, put on some mass, and stop sweating the small things.

15813286.4.gif