• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

2 power racks, which one?

Shank

Hi guys,
I have a deal from gymandfitness and gymdirect

gymandfitness;

Force USA Power Rack with band attachments
Adjustable FID Bench - Semi Commercial Quality - Force USA

and the standard 7ft, bar. = $1000 incl delivery for next tuesday

Gym direct;
muscle motion power rack
asfid bench

7 ft bar standard = $ 995 can get it delivered tomorrow.

Which package is better ( which rack and bench are a better combination for quality?)

I have been twiddling my thumbs on this for ages and will make a decision today and make the purchase, so which way should i go?

Cheers

Adjustable benches (Are usually) shit house for proper flat benching...

Your ass gets stuck in the crack when you try to arch. they have movmeent, dont feel as secure... This isnt all but the one si have used.

The only one i used that was good was from GD, and it was that incline one it did sit a little higher then others may like buti found it really solid.

It all comes down to what you think is better i suppose... GD offer discounts to members and Adrian is a good hlepful bloke.

I bought all my stuff from GD and have been very happy.

my mate has that force USA package. I cant comment much as Ive never used any other.

IMO, FID force bench sucks for someone who is under 170cm.

I can only give a 1 sided opinion of this equipment, as I have only ever dealt with the Muscle Motion brand.

I think the ASFID bench is one of the most versatile and ergonomically correct bench available, taking into consideration the proportions of the majority of potential users.
Since I designed this bench just over 2 years ago, we had it first manufactured and produced almost 2 years ago now.
Over 400 units has been sold since.

Muscle motion rack is just a simple functional economical rack with a multi grip chin up bar.
I also adapted this design about 2 years ago (seems Force USA liked it to so also implemented it at a later date).
We have since sold a few under 400 units in just over 1 1/2 years since the enhanced design.

You should be able to get the rack, bench and bar for $900 + delivery.
Note, the standard bar has a 28mm shaft size and some standard plates only fit on a 1 inch / 25.4mm shaft standard bar.

I have 2 MM racks in my gym, I have never used the Force one, so I only speak from one side

The MM racks are flawless and fault free, they are well built and solid, they do everything better than expected

I also have the bench and 2 bars, all have performed as expected.

we are a commercial gym with strong guys, so it will do well at home......for 100 years

Hey All,

I have been looking in to a few home gym sets up like the above myself of late, am torn between these 2 models:

The 1st one is a Muscle Motion Smith Machine / Power Rack w/ also pecdec option etc. Muscle Motion Smith Machine / Power Rack $1795

The 2nd one is the powertec power rack with latpull down.
Powertec - Power Rack System Home Gym

The muscle motion seems to have a few more options, you can either Smith machine squats or free standing barbells squats (scroll through the close up pics). Good to train beginners with too etc. Also at that bottom you can adjust the pegs for shrugs or deadlifts too. I wouldn't need to purchase a bench as i already have one and no need for legs attachements when squats are the ultimate:)

However i dig Powertec too as it looks great, compact & sturdy and the chin up bar is also a huge plus.

I've been quoted about $1400 for Powertec with latpulldown where as the Muscle motion is slightly more expensive etc.

Any one own or used any of the following i have mentioned? Appreciate your time and feedback!

Keep liftin'.

Android.