• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

forearm injury not repairing

milketc

Towards the start of january i started doing PTC's beginner program. I'm fairly sure i injured my forearm by stretching too aggressively after bicep curls. Following that i stopped performing any exercises that involved pulling as i would get a sharp pain in my forearm.

A few weeks later my forearm felt quite good so i tried some barbell rows at a lighter weight and that felt alright, then i increased the weight to nearly the weight i was lifting before and i felt a slight pain. I stopped straight away and havent done any pulling exercises since.. just bench press, squat and military press.

Now its nearly 3 months later, ive spent the last 4+ weeks without working out at all as i fractured my wrist yet still at work if i perform certain tasks/lift things i still get a slight pain in that same spot of my forearm. Quite frustrated as i was hoping to get back into it as soon as i get my cast off but i feel like my forearm isnt improving.

Any tips on ways i can assist my forearm in repairing itself would be greatly appreciated. I dont plan on going to a physio again as they seem to be a waste of money.

I had serious forearm problems for a while, the best way to go about it is stop training completely and just go about usual life without lifting for at least 3 weeks, after 3 weeks get back into it, start very light and work your way into it, if you feel pain again stop for another 3 weeks.
It sucks not working out but doing nothing and letting your body repair is better then to keep hammering it and potential causing major damage in the long run.

I have not had any problems with the forearms but I would have said the same ^

Same goes for all types of injury, nothing else works quite like it.
Once the pain is gone, light full range of movement resistance work is required to build strength.

Build from there.

Went to a chinese doctor today because ive been having significant pain in my wrist, i get a sharp pain in my wrist area if i bend my hand back or forwards even slightly. He thinks its RSI which may be caused by the forearm injury, FML. The RSI may also be just because i spend a lot of time using computers. Had accupuncture, so hopefully that makes a difference... I recently started light exercise and stretching on that forearm, maybe thats whats caused all this pain, forearm hasnt gotten any better since.

Just got my left wrist out of plaster on monday and now my right wrist is fucked anyway... Seems like any progress i make at the gym is just 10 steps forward then 9 steps back, so frustrating. In the last year ive probably spent $1k on physio and chiro appointments.. physio probably did more harm than good.

So ive been doing light exercise with one of those rubber cord things. followed by light stretching, followed by rolling my forearm over foam sports roll. Now today whenever i reach for things with my bad arm, i get a very sharp (electric) pain about 5cm from my wrist on the inside of my forearm. FML. Feels completely different to the sharp pain experienced about 5cm from my elbow on the same side. Feels like it could be the same tendon.

Hey milketc i have a very similar problem it first started in my right arm i tried to push through it but it only made it worse so i stopped using it and the i got it in my left i see pyhsio twice a week its a lot better but its been three months since my last lift they said its similar to tennis elbow and i have it all around my wrists and on top of my hands its the most frustrating injury ive ever experienced

Hey milketc i have a very similar problem it first started in my right arm i tried to push through it but it only made it worse so i stopped using it and the i got it in my left i see pyhsio twice a week its a lot better but its been three months since my last lift they said its similar to tennis elbow and i have it all around my wrists and on top of my hands its the most frustrating injury ive ever experienced

well i had acupuncture and it seems significantly better, although im not sure whether it would have just gotten better by itself with time.. unfortunately now im getting a really sharp pain in my forearm not too far from my hand, chinese doctor thinks it might be a torn tendon -_- for the couple of days before i had performed light stretching on the region so im incredibly frustrated at the thought that i could have torn a tendon with such light stretching.