• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Belly got a bit fat lately, I want to lose it. Best Way??

StreekG

Hey guys,

I'm on of those guys that never puts on weight and stays skinny, until i started gym ofcourse.

I bulked up quite a bit compared to what i used to be before gym, now my problem is after i did a couple of creatine cycles and used a protein gainer (ON Pro Complex Gainer) which isn't a mass gainer.
My belly got a bit fat, and my abs have become less visible.
I started doing more ab exercises but i think i need to do some cardio.

Is there any cardio exercise that would help me lose a bit of a belly more than others, i know cardio is cardio but i thought there might be something i can do.

Powerwalking??? Incline treadmill?? Something?

people seem to bag the shit out of them, but cycle / RPM classes are damn intense and burn calories like crazy (if you put the effort in of course)

Hit the weights harder and reduce your calories, but seriously what's a bit of a gut?

Need pics to determine.

You do not need cardio to lose fat. Capish?

Why do people believe cardio is required for weight loss?

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Is there any cardio exercise that would help me lose a bit of a belly more than others, i know cardio is cardio but i thought there might be something i can do.

Firstly "Is there any cardio exercise that would help me lose a bit of a belly more than others" you cant spot reduce if that's what your implying. You are pretty much on the money in saying cardio is cardio. Having said that though the more limbs/body movements incorperated into an exercise the more calories per hour potential you have e.g. rowing machine (if you like machines)

So the basic formula for weight loss is more energy out then energy in. There are exceptions but generally this rule applies.

Therefor to lose a gut you can either decrease the food/drink intake or increase the physical activity levels.

Some people on this forum bash cardio and solely do weights. What you need to remember is to be healthy, ideally you should do both weights (strong bones, muscles and hormones to name a few) as well as cardio (happier heart and easier breathing). If I was to rate the 2 for weight loss i would say weights before cardio because after a weights session you keep burning calories for hours while you are resting where as, once the cardio session finishes so does the calory burning.

Mind you, this depends on what your current goals are in life. Perhaps you just care about being tank and don't care for cardio fitness which is common.

Hope that helps and I didn't diverge too much lol.

Mark

Last edited:
once the cardio session finishes so does the calory burning.
Mark

not all cardio. high intensity interval training!

HIIT increases the (RMR) for the following 24 hours due to excess post workout oxygen consumption.

You do not need cardio to lose fat. Capish?

Why do people believe cardio is required for weight loss?

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

who said you need cardio for weight loss? no one in this thread i can see.
it is very beneficial for weight loss.

who said you need cardio for weight loss? no one in this thread i can see.
it is very beneficial for weight loss.
Not in this thread but in hundreds of others and is a common misconception amongst the populis community especially women.

Yeah, beneficial for weight loss including muscle.

Professional boxers and fighters are known to run many miles a day. Sprinters also use some form of steady state running to keep lean. The cardio melts muscle argument is as good as the lifting weights makes you bulky bullshit.

Professioinal Boxers and fighters are on PHD's.
Elevated test levels will protect you from catabolism.

fuckload of protein will make you fat.

PED - Performance enhancing drugs.

Last edited:
icon1.gif

Professioinal Boxers and fighters are on PHD's.
Elevated test levels will protect you from catabolism.

I still have my pro card, just came back from the uk 6 weeks ago after competing.

I dont use (phds') none of my guys do either.

Guess wot .....i do cardio too

Yes im only 86kgs , but at 9.7% b/f , my bodies carrying alot more muscle than some , bodybuilders/powerlifters, and id do 12 rounds jumping rope or a 5k run 4 times a week and have decent lifts.

Oh i must ahve awsome genitics, or use gear.....

A fuckload of protein (lets say 1.5g per pound of BW or more) will not make you fat. Indirectly it does the opposite. If you want to lose fat while maintaining muscle you need to eat lots of protein and keep lifting heavy weights. Being on the juice obviously makes that easier.

My original point was that eating enough protein will also protect you against catabolism.

I'll look up nutrition books and see if 1.5gms per lb of bodyweight = fuckload.

Not being a smartarse but we need specifics otherwise people not in the know will start eating way to much protein and get fat. It does happen