• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Rotator Cuff Issues

UCME

I have always had Weak shoulders, not so much in a military press but a front or side raise I am very weak. I strained my left shoulder and went to the Physio. When i lay on my stomach and she put mild pressure on my Left shoulder blade my left shoulder clicks and comes out of place. I wonder if anyone else has had a similar problem ?
I need some exercise that dont cause me to hyper extend my arms and put backwards pressure on my rotator cuff. (while i do all these band exercises to strengthen/stabilise my rotator cuff)
EG I love doing my squats but my natural position is low on my back which puts pressure on my shoulder

Any thoughts

Upright rows & bicep curls are fine
Bench press i can only do with a limited ROM at the moment

I have always had Weak shoulders, not so much in a military press but a front or side raise I am very weak. I strained my left shoulder and went to the Physio. When i lay on my stomach and she put mild pressure on my Left shoulder blade my left shoulder clicks and comes out of place. I wonder if anyone else has had a similar problem ?
I need some exercise that dont cause me to hyper extend my arms and put backwards pressure on my rotator cuff. (while i do all these band exercises to strengthen/stabilise my rotator cuff)
EG I love doing my squats but my natural position is low on my back which puts pressure on my shoulder

Any thoughts

Upright rows & bicep curls are fine
Bench press i can only do with a limited ROM at the moment

UCME..
hmm.. lots of things going on..
Best thing though would be to find a good physio/osteo that will help you with your exercises and work with your program.. they should give you front squats or safety bar squats instead of good ol trusty back squats.
They should also help work on stabilising that shoulder of yours, through traps, rhomboids, serratus, etc..

IMHO i'd be very hesitant to do any upright rows.. lots of internal rotation going on there.. Remember also where the bicep originates.. the shoulder.. and can lead to a lot of problems too..

I hope it helps..

I thought it was odd he said he was fine doing Upright rows.
If someone said they had bad shoulders that would be the first exercise I'd tell them to ditch.

Thanks guys. I can upright row without any "pain" it clicks and carries on but it does that even when I swing my arms when i walk , Im using the bands to try and strenthen my shoulder, I was just after some ideas on some alternative excercises, I did front squats last night and they were fine and the barbell curls didn't worry them either any other ideas guys??

Some of the exercises demonstrated here may help.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0ONHZmsFec&feature=fvwrel"]YouTube - DieselCrew.com - Shoulder Rehab Protocol[/ame]

I've also developed a very distinct click in my right shoulder. If i spin it around it seems to pop out and in, AC joint maybe?

Thanks Barlow ! The Physio has given me a few of those exercises, some of those shrug variations should hit the spot !!