• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

MacBooks

Daniel.308

Just thought I would start a thread for all of you who have MacBooks for discussion?

I have;

2011 MacBook Pro 13"
2.7ghz i7
4gb RAM (will update later on)
500gb HDD (will upgrade to SSD when their cheaper)...

This has been my first Mac, and after using it for a little can see why there so good... Seriously love it!

haha, funny enough i have the exact same laptop...

and same again, its my first ever mac, and i dont think ill be going back...

Got a new Macbook Pro 13'' only core i5 though. But absolutely amazing. I didn't see the need for the i7. It's only really utilised in high end applications anyway. Most programs arent written to utilise the i7 properly.

Can't wait for the new iMac, decided on the 27" lol......700mm wide

gallery_hero1_20100727.png

Ben make sure you get Apple Care on that bad boy and one to one. And go in store and grab it so they can personally set it up for you. Best experience and it means it's all running smoothly for you when you leave.

I haven't gotten applecare on mine though you can buy apple care anytime you like up until your warranty runs out...

I didn't have the cash for it then lol...

But ye their pretty damn awesome...

Just want to figure out how to bootcamp windows so I can play black ops in my lectures haha

haha, funny enough i have the exact same laptop...

and same again, its my first ever mac, and i dont think ill be going back...

I am lucky I waited as I seen a CNET article about how the new MacBooks are due... I was about to buy the 2010 model about 4weeks before the new one was released...

Applications/utilites/boot camp assistant and follow the prompts man. Or use parallels or vmware fusion to run it inside your Mac. Win.

Instead of bootcamp i use parallels desktop for mac. You can boot up an windows os along side the mac os. So you dont have to reboot and you pretty much have a mac and pc in one.

Parallels Desktop 6 for Mac

Edit: lol dam didnt read gareers post above hehe

Well, had a change of heart and went for the 15" MacBook Pro, got it at JB hi fi today. Got the airport extreme wireless too.

Couldn't be happier so far....

Basically wireless router with the ability to plug in an external hard drive or printer so it can be accessed on the network.

Ben should have bought it at apple!

I like to play around with settings etc myself...

And I got a better price at JB than what Apple offer!

I got mine from a Mac store (not Apple store lol)...

They are authorized re sellers and I got mine for $1598 and at the apple store it was $1708 or something... I just showed them my student card and the guy was real sweet with it all... Apple guys didn't budge on price...

Pretty weird aye.

Apple offer student discounts so I dunno what's going on there! And they match any price that anyone else will do. Ah well as long as your enjoying them!

key strokes make no sense, office is shit, its slow...

oh mate i just hate it, all i use it for now is email and web browsing.

the only reason i got it was because i was learning objective c.

key strokes make no sense, office is shit, its slow...

oh mate i just hate it, all i use it for now is email and web browsing.

the only reason i got it was because i was learning objective c.

I bought microsoft office for it... Seems pretty quick for me. . .

I dont even know what keystrokes are! I am still trying to figure out the multi touch pad short cuts (the only one I know is 2fingers down to go down the page)...

Whats Objective C? Sounds grpahic.

I know heaps of people who have macs as there more capable for video editing and graphic design as opposed to microsoft OS... But then again Objective C is probably not graphic related.