PDA

View Full Version : groin injury

jzpowahz
08-03-2011, 10:06 AM
I have pulled groin muscle 2.5 weeks ago doing lunges. At the time it felt pain instantly. I did some light stretching afterwards. (I couldn't do RICE at the time) Since then I have been doing light stretches pretty much every day and it's still sore. I can still deadlift but cannot squat. I haven't seen physio about it yet as I thought it would just fix itself up in a few days or so (and I also have a sore knee which I just found out was minor tear in meniscus).

So anything else I can do at home to try and speed up recovery? I do defranco style mobility stuff and stretches as well as foam rolling adductors etc.

sookie
08-03-2011, 01:07 PM
go see a physio....

GHOSTrun
09-03-2011, 12:22 PM
Interesting.... when you say you felt a sharp pain are you sure you haven't torn the muscle, opening up the chance for a hernia to take place? If it's still giving you trouble I'd be off to see a physio and or referral to get an ultrasound done to see what's going on.

jzpowahz
09-03-2011, 01:03 PM
No, I'm not sure I haven't torn it. I have never torn a muscle before so no idea what it would feel like exactly.

If it was torn, I would think I would be in excruciating pain if I tried to stretch it yeah?

GHOSTrun
09-03-2011, 06:18 PM
Not necessarily. People go for years without getting hernia's fixed.

jzpowahz
10-03-2011, 10:15 AM
Hmm ok. Will get it checked out next week then :) Thanks