• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Anger

DKD

Private Dancer
Anger is to say the least an interesting emotion. It's on display in all walks of life, at varying levels, on a daily basis.....including this forum. I cracked the shits recently at sookie. I went a bit overboard, it wasn't really directed at him, he seems like a good bloke with the interests he has away from lifting. Sorry bud.

I'm generally very placid but like a lot of people I can get fired up. For some people though anger is a serious problem, breaking relationships, even leading to domestic violence. If more people were aware of the concept of Emotional Intelligence there'd be less anger. A lot of the time angry situations boil down to not fully understanding the intentions of the other party.

What about you, how do you handle anger? Do you get the shits often?

Anger is obviously a natural healthy emotion.

If you have time to reflect....
It seems that most anger in one self comes from what you see in another person an aspect of that person that you have yourself and don't like and don't necessarily don't see in yourself an opportunity to change something about yourself.

Hi DKD :)

Thanks for the apology. I recently started to implement forgiveness. I am now seeing the world from a different perspective. Its great. One thing ive notice from being depressed all these years is food. I can now taste food. Its weird, its not like I couldnt taste before but I can appreciate all different types of tastes. Off track....

After a long day at work, I tend to get more aggressive during the drive home. Especially when someone would cut me off. The first thing I notice when im angry is my hands lock up. So I shake and lay them flat. Take a deep breath and smile to myself. Then im back to my usual self.

I also get quite agitated at the "talkers" in cinemas. At one stage, I was literally screaming at the other side of the room. Telling them to shut the fuck up.

Having learnt that life is short and precious, I steer away from clouding my mind with negativity. Its not easy. But Ill get there.

i rarely get angry.
if i do i just break it down as to why im angry... ask yourself what caused it? is it justified? was the other party or whatever it was, was it intentional?
and then is it worth being angry? whats the point? would it actually accomplish anything?
generally anger just makes you look like a complete dick and gets you all rialled up when there is really no need to. theres better ways to deal with things then to get angry

Hi all,

I'm glad DKD has brought this up. We all get angry
at times. All of us can use anger for a better purpose
to drive us to get the best of us.

My belief is that 'low self-esteem' is a direct cause
of anger.

But sometimes it's good to let it out or else I will explode.
That's why I hit the gym to 'burn' the negative emotion
on a daily basis.
:D

Devante.

I'm an angry bastard but cannot stay angry for long.

DKD - Did you ever know that you're my ...........................
biglaugha.gif

Oh jeezus here we go again. Someone call forensics, my sig has been edit raped again. This makes me so freaking ANGRY!!!

Sookie, I want you to hunt Shrek down like a dog and have your way with him.

I'm an angry bastard but cannot stay angry for long.

biglaugha.gif

Me too Shrek. I believe stress contributes greatly to anger, its usually when I have alot on my plate I get angry very easily. I dont know how some people remain so calm under so much pressure. We have one bloke at work who is flying off the handle at every little thing and everyone, everyone thinks he is a dick for this. Another is under immense pressure, works long hours, rarely has breaks, and is always as calm as could be.

I have a problem of holding everything in , it all bottles up until a break point then a let lose , while i am not agressive and wont throw punches (unless provoked) to overcome it i just take a step back a break away get a few deep breathes

but there are times when i will hold a grudge against someone

stress has a lot to do with it ,

Oh jeezus here we go again. Someone call forensics, my sig has been edit raped again. This makes me so freaking ANGRY!!!

Sookie, I want you to hunt Shrek down like a dog and have your way with him.
So angry...
evil3.gif

Anger is the most useful emotion, if you can channel it to useful pursuits. I get the most shit done when I get angry at something and make good use of that angry energy.

Since we're on a lifting forum, what emotion is the most useful for your lifting: anger or :) ?

In think envy and jealousy would rate high.
C'mon we are all either envious or jealous of guys who can lift more or are bigger or more ripped than us, depending what you train for.

speaking of anrgy I lost my shit the other night at the gym,
as the punk faced kid gym attendant started turning lights and
fans off at 1950, ten minutes prior to closing time i was in the middle
of my set of Deadlifts put weight down and unleashed at him, called him everything
under the sun and he asked me to leave so i ignored him and continued to lift.
unfortunately being defence I get in trouble for doing things like this so I was in a bit off poo with the boss this morning but he saw my point and now it should be ok.

so basically anger is like farting in the bath, its fun for a bit but gets you no where, and it smells.

I don't know whether actually being angry helps me lift, but 'feeling' angry seems to. Never used to listen to music or anything but now I crank up the heavy metal to get the juices flowing

I use anger in my training. I tell them:

The hate is swelling in you now. Take your barbell. Use it. I am unarmed. Strike me down with it. Give in to your anger. With each passing moment you make yourself more my servant.

Consider myself pretty calm, a bit of a pacifist these days lol. Don't really get angry, when i do (temporally), i usually just turn it into a joke, blow it out of proportion and have a laugh.

I think my anger just turns into frustration, or perhaps stress...

Angry people are unpleasant. I get emotionally abused all the time. Just yestaday someone intentionally hurt my feelings :-( Id rather if they just beat me cause bruises heal, ya know.

Im not joking either im serious! My ex-girlfriend used to emotionally abuse me all the time. I was picked on at school. Parents and brother make fun of me to this day.

People should really think about the person they are directing their anger at more.

:`(