• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Powertec Power rack question

TPTK

Hi Guys,

I just got a brand new powertec power rack.

And I just wanted to throw a question out to those who have similar racks.

Does your rack have a bit of wobble on it when you give it a good push.

The reason why I ask is because when I used my hand to nudge it a bit I can feel the rack wobble and its kinda annoying the shit outta me!

Is this normal? I was told to loosen up the bolts and slowly tighten it corner by corner, well I did that plus I racked about 100kgs on it just to make sure it was weighed down before I tightened it.

The end result is that its still the same :(

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I should do? besides buy a new rack lol.

What exactly do you mean by wobble?
The Powertec is quite a strong rack, been around for a while.

All I can think of is that your floor may not completely flat, so when the rack is ridgid, it may wobble.
If so, you can pack up a corner so it sits totally flat.

If your floor is flat, the only other thing I can think of is that you may not have the bolts tightened all the way, they have to be done up really hard so the metal post tubing starts to crush a bit.

Still, most racks will have a little bit of wobble when you push them in certain ways, doen not mean they are going to fall over and fail when used for their intended purpose.

What exactly do you mean by wobble?
The Powertec is quite a strong rack, been around for a while.

All I can think of is that your floor may not completely flat, so when the rack is ridgid, it may wobble.
If so, you can pack up a corner so it sits totally flat.

If your floor is flat, the only other thing I can think of is that you may not have the bolts tightened all the way, they have to be done up really hard so the metal post tubing starts to crush a bit.

Still, most racks will have a little bit of wobble when you push them in certain ways, doen not mean they are going to fall over and fail when used for their intended purpose.

I totally dismantled the thing and re assembled it today on a flat surface with weights holding it down as recommended by the seller.

Tightened it bit by bit diagonally and when it was done it was still wobbly.

How much do you guys think a used powertec rack will sell for? I'm considering selling mine for a commercial MM rack, even though I can still use it for its intended purpose I'm pretty anal when it comes to these things so I might just sell it and get a heavier one.

You say when you give it a 'good push' it wobbles. When I give mine a good push I move it into whichever position I want it in the garage. I haven't got the commercial MM rack, just the standard one. It's solid as a rock for it's intended purpose, but can still be fairly easily moved around as required. There's no real wobble, maybe just slightly depending on which post I hook my dip attachment too, but not enough to affect the use of it.

I can't see yours but my hunch is you'll be wasting a lot of cash money with your plan to sell it so soon.

Hey TPTK if you're looking at selling it definitely email ASAP as i am shopping around for something like this right now. I'm a "small bloke" ha so i doubt it'll wobble on me ha. email me ASAP and we'll discuss! donutcity@hotmail.com Thx

Hey TPTK if you're looking at selling it definitely email ASAP as i am shopping around for something like this right now. I'm a "small bloke" ha so i doubt it'll wobble on me ha. email me ASAP and we'll discuss! donutcity@hotmail.com Thx

Sorry man I decided to keep it. I ended up buying these attachments to bolt onto the base to make it more stable from the U.S. Its all good now!

Hey All,

I have been looking in to a few home gym sets up like the above myself of late, am torn between these 2 models:

The 1st one is a Muscle Motion Smith Machine / Power Rack w/ also pecdec option etc. Muscle Motion Smith Machine / Power Rack $1795

The 2nd one is the powertec power rack with latpull down.
Powertec - Power Rack System Home Gym

The muscle motion seems to have a few more options, you can either Smith machine squats or free standing barbells squats (scroll through the close up pics). Good to train beginners with too etc. Also at that bottom you can adjust the pegs for shrugs or deadlifts too. I wouldn't need to purchase a bench as i already have one and no need for legs attachements when squats are the ultimate:)

However i dig Powertec too as it looks great, compact & sturdy and the chin up bar is also a huge plus.

I've been quoted about $1400 for Powertec with latpulldown where as the Muscle motion is slightly more expensive etc.

Any one own or used any of the following i have mentioned? Appreciate your time and feedback!

Keep liftin'.

Android.

Probably a bit late now but I have the exact same rack and it doesn't wobble at all. When I bolted it up I put a level on it every way to make sure it was level, no probs