• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Shoes

trofius

Hey all

I know there are proper squat shoes around, eventually i might get a pair.

But for the upcoming comp, will i get any benefit from buying apair of flat sole shoes, like volies. IS there anything else around I should look at?? like those slip on canvas jobbies?

I usually just do all my gym work in a pair of runners. I know the are not ideal.. My reall concern is with deadlifting, will I, a novice, get any benefit, from a harder lower heel?
If so I need to get then this week, any suggestions were from.

Thanks.

I'd say everyone would benefit from ditching runners and getting a non compressible sole.

If your comp is in a week grab some chucks or rip off chucks, there won't be much learning curve.

If you have a few weeks to adjust grab lifting shoes.

You should get some benefit out of lifting shoes, though you may not see it right away.

If you're worried about deadlifting shoot Titan Australia an email about deadlift slippers, they're around $20 and well worth it.

Make great boxing shoes too.

Just-Saiyan.jpg

Chucks are heaps better than runners or other shoes but I'd never go back to them for squatting. YMMV

Get yourself a pair of squat shoes, mine were only 75$ after using them you'll never wanna go back. As for deadlifts I prefer thin souls, I wear 15 dollar shoes from target, I'm sure vollies would also work though I've heard wrestling shoes are the beez kneez

Thanks all

I picked up some thin soled lace up canvas types from kmart for $3!they had slip ons aswell, but I like the idea of having them as yight as I want.
will definetely look into the squat shoes for next time.