• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Popped rib

Swade90

I'm new here, been reading for a long time, first time posting, this is about an injury i sustained while doing weighted dips, while pushing back up there was a pop in my chest, went to a physio and he told me i had popped a rib up in my sternum, can feel that its out, doesnt really hurt too much, its just kind of there, i can feel that its not where its meant to be.

if theres extended periods of not sitting with proper posture, it will start to get inflamed and i start to feel a little pain, ive been seeing a physio on and off for about 6 months, changed physios in between b/c the first wasnt helping, and it doesnt seem as though this 1 is helping much either, there was some initial improvement, but those have stalled and i guess im just hoping theres someone with a little experience here, or at least a recommendation to a physio that can really help me, and i mean really help, i've been paying 70 bux a pop each session for the past few months without much improvement, im not adverse to paying, just as long as i can get better.

like i said ive been out of commission for about 6 months, its such a fustrating injury as it is always being worked because the ribcage has to expand for breathing, so it never really has a chance to heal, i was actually planning to head to ptc before my injury and still hope to one day, if i can ever get back to training, its such a pain being out of the game, it feels crap, instead of being 6months advanced im now back to where i started from.

sorry for the massive initial post, didnt mean for it to be so long :(

ive pro nated ribs in training and i did several water skiing in 1 incident. After the initial inflamation settled down i wsa right to do whatever i wanted. i would've thought 6 months is too long.

Hey, thanks for the reply

I guess my inflamation isnt really settling down, not sure why, i know what u mean with 6months being too long, both physios i went to see told me 4-5 week injury at most, not sure what my problem is, i assume something isnt allowing it to heal fully.