• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Stupid Pair Gain System

Grippy

Fat Member
Just moved into a new place, checked last week before moving in, got told yes, that exchange is adsl2 enabled and thought beauty, can get adsl2 now, did an application (not with Telstra because they suck balls), got the phone line connected so they could take it over, only to find out Telstra connected it as a pair gain system which means no ADSL at all. Pack of C U N T S. Have applied through Adam Internet now who say I have a 50/50 chance of Telstra swapping the connection to some spare copper in the exchange. What fuckers. I had to get a wireless piece of shit from Vodafone to get us by (both at uni and kids at school) until the wired connection got connected, but I dont want to be stuck with this slow, expensive wireless piece of shit for ever that only wants to work on this old laptop we have as the software doesnt seem to like Windows 7 on our PC. I would have thought that in a newish area and in this day and age of multimedia that every fukin house could get high speed broadband.
End of rant.

We had ADSL2 at our old place and it sucked balls. Bad telstra wiring. Terrible TPG service.

Moved house. No ADSL2 available where we are now, so we had to 'downgrade' to standard ADSL.

Couldn't be happier. It's not amazingly fast, but I'm not complaining about 800Kb/s and unlimited downloads and uploads

:)

Im just hoping we can get ADSL at all, not fussed whether its 1 or 2. They said if we are stuck on pair gain, then no ADSL what so ever, which will bite the big one.

Just keep complaining about static in your phone line even though you've isolated the lines... Telstra should come to the party.

Fucking telstra.
Moved house 3 months ago. Took 3 weeks to hook a phone up and still don't have Internet hooked up properly. They have been charging us for a more expensive plan but not giving it to us. Taken about 15-20 phone calls and it's still not right.

You need to apply for a transposition which is an order sent to Telstra wholesale requesting they fix the line. If your ISP participate in this process they should update you every 2-7 business days and you may need to request them to try the transposition again.

I work for an ISP and I have had transpositions done on the second attempt however; the longest one took 14 months of resubmitting the transposition each time it was rejected.

The worst thing people do is give up after the first or second try.

PGS suck big time. It's just Telstra being cheap asses.

Good luck with it mate!

Thanks jimbo. So it could take a while hey. Bloody telstra assholes. So much for the governments broadband guarantee hey. Even my old dear who lives out in the sticks can get broadband

Just keep complaining about static in your phone line even though you've isolated the lines... Telstra should come to the party.
Rubish. wont work
Thanks jimbo. So it could take a while hey. Bloody telstra assholes. So much for the governments broadband guarantee hey. Even my old dear who lives out in the sticks can get broadband
Well if you applied for Big Pond they may switch you to a copper pair to bypass the pair gain system.

Why should Telstra provide you a fast service when you join with Adam Internet.
C'mon they run a business not a charity.

Apply for BigPond ADSL and they will provide you with the goods. Either that or wait for the National Broadband Network to be built. :D

Shrek, adam use telstra wholesale so they are still making money out of it anyway. I do not want to sign with bigpond unless its a total last resort, their plans are more expensive than anyone else with way less data and much slower speeds. We had bigpond years ago at another house as they were the only provider in our area and they were an absolute nightmare to deal with.

The way Telstra see a transposition is: "You want "us" to send out a technician for free so that you can go with another provider?"

Means they dont have a whole lot of motivation for doing it.. which sucks.

What Shrek has said is true as well. If you apply though them they will have you connected in like 2 days. The only thing bad about this is you will be stuck with them for 2 or so years before you can then churn your service to another provider.

Telstra dont like sharing lol :D

Im just hoping we can get ADSL at all, not fussed whether its 1 or 2. They said if we are stuck on pair gain, then no ADSL what so ever, which will bite the big one.

I am on a pair gain system
Been living here for about 10 years
Managed to get ADSL1 last year (don't think there was any free 'ports' available?). I'd highly recommend Internode..

Don't give up, keep applying. Good luck.

Shrek, adam use telstra wholesale so they are still making money out of it anyway. I do not want to sign with bigpond unless its a total last resort, their plans are more expensive than anyone else with way less data and much slower speeds. We had bigpond years ago at another house as they were the only provider in our area and they were an absolute nightmare to deal with.
I'm well aware it is wholesale that's why if Telstra use all of their copper for wholesale there will be none left for their customers which they make more money than wholesale.
It's just business and you and me would do the same.

You need to apply for a transposition which is an order sent to Telstra wholesale requesting they fix the line. If your ISP participate in this process they should update you every 2-7 business days and you may need to request them to try the transposition again.

I work for an ISP and I have had transpositions done on the second attempt however; the longest one took 14 months of resubmitting the transposition each time it was rejected.

The worst thing people do is give up after the first or second try.

PGS suck big time. It's just Telstra being cheap asses.

Good luck with it mate!

I've never been able to get a fixed line service where I live, while someone a street away gets ADSL. Phone calls are also very quiet.

I believe that the copper in the street has a low diameter, but I'm not sure if that's the case.

Would there be anything I can do?

I was also thinking of re-applying for ADSL so I can get a proper rejection reason, if it somehow went through would most ISP's allow me to cancel it? (I'm still living at home, my parents aren't willing to push the issue and I don't know if I can afford to pay for internet every month. However if I could get us an ADSL connection they would switch, wireless is pathetic.)

So this seems to be a common problem now with many people. The bloke at adam said we can get some fancy wireless system if there is absolutly no chance of getting broadband and the government pays for the equipment and install as part of their broadband guarantee. Apparently its different to the piece of shit vodafone thing i bought on the weekend which sometimes is ok but other times i swear dial up would be quicker and just use my phone to look at simple stuff.

There are many blackspots all around Melbourne, I wouldn't be surprised if other cities are the same.

There is no equity of service, many of the NBN-naysayers don't understand this.

If you're going to get 3G wireless then I would recommend Telstra. It's expensive, you can only get 12GB a month, and it's unreliable but it's still better than the Virgin/Optus network which is almost unusable.

All hope is not lost. Adam rang today to say that the application has been successful and just waiting for a Telstra tech to do the conversion. Apparently the tech has to come to my house for some bloody reason. Hopefully all goes well.

So they will transpose a non ADSL service (PSTN) to the Pair Gain and this will free up a copper pair for you. 3 months later the other guy will want ADLS. They have just band - aided the problem

Well Woo Hoo its finally done. No more old laptop with crapped out wireless that wont work with Windows 7.