• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Training In Perth

xlgym

Any of the people on here from Perth? Im coming over in May from Wales in the uk. Would love it if someone could teach me a few tips n tricks about Perth. Any information will go a long way! Id Like information on things such as best place to live, best gyms to train, best place to find work, information on the transport system etc etc. regards paul

Goto Henry Days Muscle Pit Gym

Muscle Pit
25Crawford Street
Cannington
W.A. 6106
Australia

Contact No::- (08) 9358 1131

How old are you and what kind of work you looking for?

The above gym is good, but not so great if you live miles away north of the river! So it will depend on where you live in the end I guess.

In general the transport system here is pretty ordinary unless you live on the train line corridor and want to go into the city and back only. I'd get a car asap personally.

Any of the people on here from Perth? Im coming over in May from Wales in the uk. Would love it if someone could teach me a few tips n tricks about Perth. Any information will go a long way! Id Like information on things such as best place to live, best gyms to train, best place to find work, information on the transport system etc etc. regards paul

Best place to live? depends on your interest. For me, I say live close to the CBD.

best gym?.. Depends on what you're looking for in a gym

Best place to find work? www.seek.com.au

transport system? www.transperth.wa.gov.au

Buses suck in Perth, trains are good

Looking for a rough house bodybuilding gym really opposed to a power lifting one. Muscle Pit looks fine. Had a quick look at it. Keep the information coming any info is much appreciated the more i know now the easier it will be to settle i think. So if anyone is looking for a gym instructor. Am your man lol. Infact any kind of work would be considerd. it would be good to have a job to go to..

get a place in the western suburbs if you can afford it. close to the beach, much cooler on the hot days coz of the sea breeze and close to pretty much everything worth being close to. :p

-Work prospects are good once you get into the workforce here. A lot of people come from the UK not having done their homework on getting jobs and find it hard to get started.

-Lots of gyms around, need to find one for your needs obviously.

-awesome place overall. I had family from UK (scotland) come visit over the last couple of years now they are all here or getting visas etc

-As dr00 said, western suburbs would be ideal. very $$ though. really there's only a handfull of no-go zones in Perth. factor in travel times though, its a big sprawl of a place.

-car is essential.

I Checked out the live fitness in perth, that looks fairly decent. Im keeping my eye out to see which one takes my fancy really. From what i can gather a car is a deffo yes.had a brief look on gumtree and theyre so expensive for even old bangers lol. take the rough with the smooth i guess. Keep the infor tips n tricks coming if u have any!

regards paul

You could goto SSI (Shredded), but at $87 a week plus one compulsory training session at a min of around $60, its pricey.

You could goto SSI (Shredded), but at $87 a week plus one compulsory training session at a min of around $60, its pricey.

i checked with them coz theyre just round the corner from me. they said i couldnt train there at all without a PT session...

from their email
Unfortunately we don't just let people rock up and do their own thing. We are not a gym but rather a training facility where everyone must first be assessed and then put on an appropriate training program to ensure the fastest and most effective results... Everyone must train with a trainer to ensure correct technique.

Talk about conflicting information. I spoke to Kelly (owner) on facebook. She said $87 per week with a minimum of one training session with a PT.

I know one trainer there, Bek, her chargeout rate is $60 per hour.

You can go there on Sundays and do their frontline for $20, but you cant use the gym afterwards.

that email was from marty one of the other owners (or the other owner, dunno how many there are). im hoping they will change their tune one day soon...

Yer Marty and Kelly are the owners.

Me too mate, but I doubt it.

Its very expensive, its a wonder how they make ends meet, especially with all that great gear they have.

Never seen anything like it! them prices ar extortionate. It mite have something to do with insurances purposes etc? doesnt sound like a gym il be training in tho. Think im way to lazy to buy a bike. lol

i checked with them coz theyre just round the corner from me. they said i couldnt train there at all without a PT session...

from their email

wtf, exclusive much?

who the hell would pay $87/week?? thats over $4,500 per year for the gym!

its over $10,000 a year if you need PT sessions with that too. what a joke