• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

knee pain

barnsey

hey guys last few weeks ive been getting this burning pain just above my knees like 5cm above the knee cap. when i sit in the car anymore than about 20mins i get this burning and if i squat i get it or if i step up onto stuff, anythorts?
also while you are hear my pelivs tilts forward alot like the hamburglers i think** do you guys recomend seeing someone about getting it fixed? 2 chrio's have yet not picked it up?

Question 1 - Could be a clot - I don't don't, get it checked.
Question 2 - I recommend what you suggested and see someone.

Cheers.

hey guys last few weeks ive been getting this burning pain just above my knees like 5cm above the knee cap. when i sit in the car anymore than about 20mins i get this burning and if i squat i get it or if i step up onto stuff, anythorts?
also while you are hear my pelivs tilts forward alot like the hamburglers i think** do you guys recomend seeing someone about getting it fixed? 2 chrio's have yet not picked it up?

Definitely get it checked.
It sounds like Rec Fem to me..

A good osteo should pick up pelvic alignment

Definitely get it checked.
It sounds like Rec Fem to me..

A good osteo should pick up pelvic alignment

I agree with this.

The actual pain you're describing sounds like quad tendon tendonitis. Tight rec fem attaches to the patella at the quad tendon and if tight will overload the tendon = pain.

This is probably a result of poor squatting technique or poor pelvic alignment.

Sitting back and using your hips more when you squat will take the tension off your quads. Foam roll the shit out of your rec fem every day. Lay off front squats and high bar squats if you're doing them - stick to low bar and/or box squats until it feels a bit better.

I agree with this.

The actual pain you're describing sounds like quad tendon tendonitis. Tight rec fem attaches to the patella at the quad tendon and if tight will overload the tendon = pain.

This is probably a result of poor squatting technique or poor pelvic alignment.

Sitting back and using your hips more when you squat will take the tension off your quads. Foam roll the shit out of your rec fem every day. Lay off front squats and high bar squats if you're doing them - stick to low bar and/or box squats until it feels a bit better.

+1
Don't forget to add in lots of glute activation drills to get that balance right faster. i.e. pelvic alignment and less tightness