• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Melatonin - Who uses it ?

mosquito

Hi,

I'm currently on around 3mg sustained release melatonin.
Varying between 3 & 12mg at the moment, approx 2.5 - 3.5 hours before going to bed.

I'm interested if anyone else is on it, which dosage and how long before bed.
Also curious how much everyone is paying, it's pretty expensive from Australian pharmacies.

Thanks

Love the stuff mate. When I'm on it I live a second life in my dreams. So vivid! Such good quality sleep. Should be mandatory for everyone.

Love the stuff mate. When I'm on it I live a second life in my dreams. So vivid! Such good quality sleep. Should be mandatory for everyone.

Interesting.
I rarely dream, and its rare that I get good quality sleep.

At the moment I'm testing out melatonin levels and timing, I'm testing out 7:15PM @ 12mg (4*3mg) to see if this improves things.

Dreams are a nice to have, lack of tiredness during the day is the goal :)

That's a very high dosage!

Agreed, I'm experimenting for a while.
The doctor advised that he can't offer anything better than melatonin. So rather than use any kind of sleeping tablet to use a higher dosage of melatonin.

Dosage does vary, I don't think I'll go beyond 15mg ... which I have not tried yet.

I suggested going lower than 3mg but the last doctor did not agree. If high dosage does not work I might try doing the opposite.

I may try this, rite now it takes me 2-5 hrs to fall asleep :mad:. Tried stilnox they work but you become too dependant on them. Maybe ive gotta loose some weight

Interesting.
I rarely dream, and its rare that I get good quality sleep.

At the moment I'm testing out melatonin levels and timing, I'm testing out 7:15PM @ 12mg (4*3mg) to see if this improves things.

Dreams are a nice to have, lack of tiredness during the day is the goal :)

:eek:

higher is not always better.

I have known 2x people that have taken it. It did not help them with their problems. One became suicidal and the other needed anti-pyscotic medicines in the years following treatment with that stuff. Probably has nothing to do with it in anyway but thats what happened. Sleep seems to be vital. Lack of sleep can really screw your mind up and your body for that matter.

I have known 2x people that have taken it. It did not help them with their problems. One became suicidal and the other needed anti-pyscotic medicines in the years following treatment with that stuff. Probably has nothing to do with it in anyway but thats what happened. Sleep seems to be vital. Lack of sleep can really screw your mind up and your body for that matter.

Correct