• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

high igf-1

Some people pay A LOT of money to have high igf-1 levels.
The only problems I can see with igf-1 (and gh) is Unlike testosterone, igf1 and gh are not selective to the tissues they grow. This in shot means if you have a small cancer or tumor, I could get a whole lot bigger.
When I had my cancer, I had to avoid anything that increased my igf-1 levels - milk is quite effective at this.

Noobs and Fadi will know a bucket load more than I, Im sure they will chirp in soon.

I had a metaboloic test done and these blood tests came from sullivan nic patholigy.
Dr said that it was unusual but was a possitive thing not a negative thing,but i have been on the net all afternoon and finding a few bad things about it.

Whats your body composition like?
Internal body fat was good 117 [over 150 is bad] but outside stomach fat is terrible 28%. Which the guy said would only be reduced by calorie deficit and not exercise which i found hard to understand as i thought exercise would help put me in a calorie deficit

Some people pay A LOT of money to have high igf-1 levels.
The only problems I can see with igf-1 (and gh) is Unlike testosterone, igf1 and gh are not selective to the tissues they grow. This in shot means if you have a small cancer or tumor, I could get a whole lot bigger.
When I had my cancer, I had to avoid anything that increased my igf-1 levels - milk is quite effective at this.

Noobs and Fadi will know a bucket load more than I, Im sure they will chirp in soon.

[YOUTUBE]mHYFOJBU434[/YOUTUBE]

Problems usually start when we isolate things thinking we're making a food product better when in actual fact we're causing it to act like a drug (since that's exactly what a drug is...). In addition, adding or subtracting an ingredient (like fat from milk) for example is again causing a food to become unnatural. I'm not advising anyone to drink milk, but if one is to do so, then nothing but full cream and closest to nature as possible is what I would be recommending.

Fadi.

Last edited:
Fadi, nice to have you back.

I'm a bit confused now.. So does IGF-1 contribute significantly to muscle gain (comparable to testosterone)?
From that video, it seems like its a bad thing as it contributes to all tissue growth (which i'm assuming includes fat etc.).

Fadi, nice to have you back.

I'm a bit confused now.. So does IGF-1 contribute significantly to muscle gain (comparable to testosterone)?
From that video, it seems like its a bad thing as it contributes to all tissue growth (which i'm assuming includes fat etc.).

It all depends.. You cant isolate 1 thing as being a problem.

It makes all tissue grow.

But your immune system also destroys cancer ever day before it can thrieve.

IS it the high igf-1 or low immune system?

Insulin and igf-1 is abused in bodybuilding... Alot of them are still around quite old.

It all depends.. You cant isolate 1 thing as being a problem.

It makes all tissue grow.

But your immune system also destroys cancer ever day before it can thrieve.

IS it the high igf-1 or low immune system?

Insulin and igf-1 is abused in bodybuilding... Alot of them are still around quite old.
does that mean it can make body fat increase as well

thanks but did not understand a single thing about what it was saying,could you break it down in leymans for me ta

The study says this in plain simple English: IGF-1 does not contribute to the fat you can touch (or see) or to the fat you can not touch or see, i.e. visceral adipose tissue.

Fadi.