• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

the ptc workout..

millzy

hey havent posted on here in a while because of problems with the internet but..
i was just wondering with the ptc beginner workout if u can split it up. like for example

Monday
Squat 3 x 10
SLDL 3 x 8
BB curl 3 x 8
Tuesday
Bench press 3 x 8
Bent row 3 x 8
Military press 3 x 8
Wednesday
Squat 3 x 10
SLDL 3 x 8
Skull crushers 3 x 8
Thursday
Bench press 3 x 8
Bent row 3 x 8
Military press 3 x 8
Friday
Squat 3 x 10
SLDL 3 x 8
Weighted decline situps 3 x 8

im only asking if it would work like that because i only get around 1 hour 10 mins in the gym after school before the bus comes to the fitness first area.
and the normal workout 3 times a week takes about 1h 30mins -1h 50mins

That takes you 90 minutes? What do you do? Go have a flog between sets? Lol
Just kidding
If you want to shorten it drop curls for starters, there goes 5 minutes (though probs 10 at your pace lol)
Otherwise you can get off a stop early- that way the walk to the gym is the warm up (if you're doing one that is). Then only stretch at home (if you're stretching at the gym)
Failing that drop sets off, so do 2 of each instead of 3

But really, you should get through the entire program within an hour IMO anyway

umm it takes 1 hour 30 mins because i do it with a friend and we spot eachother and stuff, and theres only 1 squat rack and benchpress lol.

but would splitting it up be ok?

also another reason is fitness first gets really busy at 3pm in the arvo to...

Get a timer and time how long it takes you to do the exercises. I bet you are taking to long on the smaller lifts.

Edit - but, i don't see a problem in splitting it. It would just mean an extra 2 days at the gym.

Sounds like the gym is restricting you too much. Use what you'd spend over the next year at the gym and get power rack, weight set and bench and never pay again. Train exactly how you wanna train rather than according to the restrictions of gym life.

Its a 20 minute workout.

stop fucking around and blaming other things

If you cant do this in 30 minutes, try another sport, seriously

ptc when are u never a ****? seriously all u do is troll and be a dickhead. 20 mins eh? so what like we arnt allowed any breaks or anything.

just dont even post aye u give no help whats so ever,
there are 18 sets in this workout for one session. a 2-3 min break between sets plus around a min to do a set properly with good form do us all a favor and stop trolling

90s MAX between sets
8 reps should take nowhere near a minute to do either unless you're training for the slow Olympics

i asked a simple question about splitting it up and u guys change it into a debate. ill do the rest i want to do and the pace i do it at because everyone is different. the 2 min break works great for me, my gains increased alot when i started the longer break.

In that case the answer to your original question is no - it won't work the way you've split it up
If you're really that worried about time doing SS as there's only 3 exercises a session

It seems pretty backwards to me if you're not going to take the advice from the person who wrote the program you're attempting.

Take a breath and try again.

Last edited:
5 days a week is too much as well. You should try do the 3 day program, its like that for a reason. The eating and RESTING is more important than the workout itself.

Markos means well mate!

If it is taking you 1min to do each set, that is 7.5 seconds EACH rep. It should only take you about 10-15 seconds to do each set.

As others have already said, you need to work harder if it is taking you that long.

Keep the intensity high mate, it will have a greater effect for you.

Oh and to your question. Don't split up the routine cause that's just dumb. You just need to work harder and use your time in the gym more wisely.

ptc when are u never a ****? seriously all u do is troll and be a dickhead. 20 mins eh? so what like we arnt allowed any breaks or anything.

just dont even post aye u give no help whats so ever,
there are 18 sets in this workout for one session. a 2-3 min break between sets plus around a min to do a set properly with good form do us all a favor and stop trolling

maybe he's just sick of reading silly questions, those workouts are all under 30 mins, max like 45 mins if your taking it super super slow and it's your first week

I rest 45 seconds ppp program even got the stop watch alarm. Workout done in 20 min tops. That includes checking out the chicks in tight short shorts on the treadmill. :D

Lol@ calling the guy who wrote the program "unhelpful". Markos might be a **** but he's right. This program shouldn't be taking you this +90mins.

Don't split the program.

Its a 20 minute workout.

stop fucking around and blaming other things

If you cant do this in 30 minutes, try another sport, seriously

I'm curious as to the rest between sets?

Also I assume you try and lift as much weight for the
set as you can??

Pls Clarify PTC...

Thanks
Devante.