• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Blew out left knee from squatting, all swelled up advice?

thechosenone

THis first happened a year ago when i was doing alot of heavy leg pressing and a few days after a heavy leg workout my left knee started to swell up and i could barely walk i saw the doctor and he said i had stretched some ligaments and there fluid building up in my knee or some shit. Now its happened again a year later from heavy squatting. Can u plz check out mt training diary and see what other exercises i can add to my program instead of squats while my left knee heals thanx.

You don't keep driving a car when you have blown a gasket, or the wheel has fallen off. To do so is ignorant. Focus on rehabbing the leg. See a sports physio who can give you some exercises to fix the problem and really focus on your recovery.

if its swelling make sure you ice it elevate it to drain out fluids. even massage the area to help with draining.
its best to go see a physio and get some exercises off them, and they will treart with ice and ultra sound and massage.

Ah the dreaded leg press.

imo in anything where the appearance of the sore area changes (swelling or bruising) it's generally pretty bad and needs rehab of some description

assuming you havent actually torn any ligaments or tendons then you should focus on rehab and recovery.

A cortisone (or stronger corticosteroid) injection should rapidly dissipate the swelling and fluid build up allowing for quicker healing. I would lay off that leg and maybe consider using things that are known to heal ligaments, tendons, connective tissues etc like increasing your HGH(endogenously via ghrp+cjc OR exogenously via hgh injects) and increasing your IGF-1 levels. Some anabolics like boldenone would also help in recuperation and healing though if it was my choice and I wanted minimal sides and no test shutdown etc id stick with increasing hgh and igf-1 + rehab and letting the knee heal properly.

Im not in pain, i can still jog sort of. the swelling has gone down heaps in 1 day, i worked out today and it didnt hurt when doing other exercises but the workout was to short without the squats

Saw the pysio , turns out i was bending my knees incorrecly. Luckily i found out now before i did some serious damage. My knee was getting better until i woke up today and suddenly it was more swollen and sore again i have no fuckin idea why this is. Im gonna keep resting it and see how it goes.