• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

[Article] My comeback

Gauche

Today was my second day back at training. I had a real good chest session Tuesday but coming into my back night tonight I was a little scarred. I injured my back doing deads/squats. My form is good which sticky or matt will back up but I keep injuring myself. I don't know if I have an underlying problem or what it is. My physio put it down to my strength being imbalanced. My core is t strong/activated enough.

So I'm deadlifting 60kg for the first time in three months. Light as piss can do ALLOT of reps but when I stop my lower back feels stiff. If I move to suddenly or awkwardly I get a pinch. I stretch immediately and it loosens up. I do 80kg once again I could throw it up and down all night but I get stiff again.

I warmup correctly, I do the exercises the physio said to do, I rested for months, I'm not trying to heavy, I've been working on my core but nothing is helping.

My phsio said stop deadlifting and squatting.... I could handle not deadlifting again but not squating! Any suggestions guys or similar experiences... Physio? Chiro? Acupuncture??? Pretty much done them all but I need to fix this and I can't just deadlift through it and if three months rest isn't time enough then what is?

Thanks for the replies :)

Update... I went to the chiro today an he showed me how weak my pelvic area was. He demonstrated that my strongest position to do deads and squats is to have my feet pointing directly straight or even angled in?? I asked him what stress that would put on my knees and he didn't know...

Any opinions?

I feel 100% better after my visit.

I would be more inclined to see a sports physio. I don't know anything about back problems, but could it be a disc or something that comes up in a scan? Acupuncture is great too, try it once, you will be hooked.

I used to get a stiff back. Made walking hard, it passed eventually.

I would be more inclined to see a sports physio. I don't know anything about back problems, but could it be a disc or something that comes up in a scan? Acupuncture is great too, try it once, you will be hooked.

I used to get a stiff back. Made walking hard, it passed eventually.

My sport physio told me to give up deads and squats.. No can do!

I'm only going to front squat now for starters. I'm also working really hard on my core.

Best advise I can give is keep
Looking until you find a good sports doctor or physio Often ones that are affiliated with an AFL or rugby club are very good. They have plenty of experience dealing with injuries and getting people right again. Saying just to stop squats and deads is not good enough.

I have no confidence in chiropractors there answer to everything is that you back is out of alignment and needs crunching.

I would avoid acupuncture unless you have money and time to waste. There is no evidence to show it does anything apart from a placebo effect.

Have you had an MRI?

My back still gives me trouble. I find however, if I just stretch/roll my hammys, quads amd back for 10 mins of a morning and 10 mins of a night, it pretty much makes any pain go away. Using a belt has also helped considerably.

Our injurys could be very different, but that's what helps me.

Do you do any direct hammy work? Sldl? Ghr?

Another alternative is to fly down and see NPR's doctor in Melbourne :p. He fixed nick up good.

Best advise I can give is keep
Looking until you find a good sports doctor or physio Often ones that are affiliated with an AFL or rugby club are very good. They have plenty of experience dealing with injuries and getting people right again. Saying just to stop squats and deads is not good enough.

I have no confidence in chiropractors there answer to everything is that you back is out of alignment and needs crunching.

I would avoid acupuncture unless you have money and time to waste. There is no evidence to show it does anything apart from a placebo effect.

He has explored every other option. Acupuncture is going to put him out 40-50 dollars. If you have had it, and it did nothing for you, bad luck, but for those of us that it has worked, and their are plenty of people who believe it works, we have all the evidence we need.

He has explored every other option. Acupuncture is going to put him out 40-50 dollars. If you have had it, and it did nothing for you, bad luck, but for those of us that it has worked, and their are plenty of people who believe it works, we have all the evidence we need.

This is nothing to do with me, like I said the latest studies show acupuncture doesn't work. Yeah people out there believe it works but it was only a few months ago and plenty of people thought a stupid rubber power balance bracelet was going to give them a 500% increase in core strength and balance.

I just though he would rather spend his money and time on things that work.

Ponder this: At 24 did you think the next 20 years of lifting is going to have you smelling like a Dencorub factory and wrapped up like a mummy? (Just to train?)

Now, project what you think the next 20 years will hold.

Particularly if you are more or less following the same path.

Madness.

Just because something has been around for thousands of years doesn't mean it works.

LOL ok. I will dislocate your shoulder a few times a year for the next 5 years. Ensuring you develope muscle/strength/mobility imbalances that will make you cry. Then try acupuncture. Then tell me it doesn't work.

LOL ok. I will dislocate your shoulder a few times a year for the next 5 years. Ensuring you develope muscle/strength/mobility imbalances that will make you cry. Then try acupuncture. Then tell me it doesn't work.

Again that proves nothing.

Until you try it, you have don't really have any scope in the matter, that is what I am saying.

Bullshit. I don't have to eat a lump of shit to know it's not a good idea.

By the way, many years ago before I knew better I have had acupuncture.