• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Self Discipline

Kez

Hey guys,

My whole live I've had a problem with self discipline, whether in the gym, at studying at school/uni, spending etc. Thankfully I'm naturally extremely skinny otherwise I'd probably struggle with dieting too.

I'm just wondering if any of you had a similar problem and how you overcame it? It seems like one of those things you either have it or you don't, you can't really train yourself to be more disciplined because you need discipline to do it in the first place.

I've gotten better as I've aged and matured, but I still struggle to stick to a constant gym routine, and in particular really struggle to study for an extended period of time.

Thanks for any advice.

i still have problems with discipline but the way that i overcame it was to focus on the end goal , as i said sure i may slack off at times but focus is where it's at

i still have problems with discipline but the way that i overcame it was to focus on the end goal , as i said sure i may slack off at times but focus is where it's at

Agreed.

People tend to lose sight of their goals. Focus on what you want to achieve and make sacrifices.

Old arnie used to expose the parts he was ashamed of. For a long time he used to hate his calves, and then olny wore shorts. He felt as if the whole world was laughing at his calves so it motivated him to train.

Going with a mate and training 'against' each other is also a good way to keep motivated.

Im the same...

Do u find u can focus on certain things though but everything else just vanishes?

Or is it hard to concentrate on everything?

Any head injuries?

defiantly in the same boat,

mainly diet and training,
Have to agree focusing on the end goal is a great option,
I like to set very short term goals as well,

something like, stick to my clean diet for a fortnight, then treat myself to nandos as a reward, I find having a reward or cheat meal not to far away helps.

For Training which I do at 5.30 am, its totally down to talking myself into it.
I lie in bed at 5 not wanted to get up, then start telling myself, "what gains will I see just lying here, nothing! get up and put in the work" at that point I bounce out of bed

Cheers guys. Shame is a good motivator, even though it is a negative one. Results are great too.

Lately I've been writing down every lift I do in the gym, down to the final rep and whether or not I cheated. Its good to see that my strength is increasing even if it is only an extra rep or two before failure. It's also good to look back over where I started from.