• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Feet twitch when you sleep? Lack of magnesium?

brettswhey

Lads/ladettes,

Apparently my toes twitch when Im asleep. I've never felt it wake me up but it has been driving the wife mad. This usually results in her nudging- and me waking up with an elbow in my side.

Up until two months ago I was doing round the clock shiftwork. I did this for five years but the twitching seems to have started around the time I stopped shifts.

I seem to wake up tired even if I have a full 9 hours sleep.

I have read some things online and it seems lack of magnesium can contribute to this. Other symptoms are severe cramps in calf muscles and toes, which I get on occasion. These DEFINATELY wake me up lol.

Anyone experience anything similar or have any advice?

Cheers.

Yeah, sometimes I'll get twitches or full-on spasms which wake me up and then my leg feels tense for a day of two. lack of magnesium, or dehydration, are both said to be possible factors, so I'd keep on eye on them. Otherwise no one seems too sure. I think lack of hydration has been a factor for me.

Yeah, sometimes I'll get twitches or full-on spasms which wake me up and then my leg feels tense for a day of two. lack of magnesium, or dehydration, are both said to be possible factors, so I'd keep on eye on them. Otherwise no one seems too sure. I think lack of hydration has been a factor for me.
Hi mate, Im definately sure Im drinking 2+ litres of fluid a day. Have you found anything that works? Tried magnesium supps?

Nah, I haven't tried anything else - haven't been too much of a problem for me, just every now and again. Post up if you do find anything good.