• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Kangaroo Chilli Con Carne

jzpowahz

Ingredients

1kg kangaroo mince
2 onions
250g tomato paste
3 cans kidney beans
1 can 4 beans mix
3 cans diced tomatoes
100g almonds
1kg mixed vegetables
2 tspn garlic paste
chilli powder
cumin
coriander
oregano

Method
Cook onion in oil for 5mins until loose.

Add Kangaroo and leave for another 5mins. Break up mince.

Add spices and garlic paste and mix through.

When Kangaroo is looking browish add all the other ingredients. Set heat to low and leave to simmer for 20mins.

The photo is before the mixed vegetables were added.

Stats for 8 serves
Calories 476
Carbs 43g
Fat 13g
Protein 52g
Sodium 439mg
Fibre 14g

I cooked it up in 2 pans. Total was 8 BIG serves. I am just eating first one now and I am having 2/3rds of a serve now and 1/3 later.

If you had it with rice/quinoa I reckon there is about 20 serves

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:
nope, tastes just like normal.

Added almonds cause I love em and wanted to add some fat to it. Turned out well.

chilli con caren is one of my faves... but it needs to be ring stinign... A couple of bhut jolokai chillis in there will make u know ur shitting the next morning.

There is about 10 chillies in there as well but I didn't include that in the recipe as I wasn't sure everyone would like it :) I am definitely a big fan of hot chilli. I have a heap of blair's sauces including some mega death which is STUPIDLY hot.

Kangaroo Con Carne is (Kangaroo with Meat)

Carne meaning meat.

So It should be Chilli con Kangaroo. :)

Kangaroo Con Carne is (Kangaroo with Meat)

Carne meaning meat.

So It should be Chilli con Kangaroo. :)

haha, learn something new everyday.

If you are adjusting to Roo taste this is a very good one as it really does taste just like regular mince to me.

Sorry tried Roo twice, cannot adjust.
First time steak second time bangas. Not going for a third attempt.

Yeah tempted to give it a shot to (kangaroo that is, don't really like hot food).

Does it taste different to normal meat or, i heard its very chewy?

Sorry tried Roo twice, cannot adjust.
First time steak second time bangas. Not going for a third attempt.
Ive been adding the left over kanga bangas to my chicken and veg this week, has been a nice change.
My daughter is the same as you though mate, she ate one by mistake, thought it was a plain sausage and hated it.

Hello jzpowahz. thanks for sharing a new kind of recipe. your recipe is new for me. I never tried it but now i will try to make it at home. All ingredients are healthy. Can you share pasta recipe with me because i have no recipe of it. Reply must. Thanks.

kangaroo used to be cheap.. its gone up a fair bit now.. $15 a kg or so...

trick to kangaroo is to not cook well done.. you want it medium... i make up a stir fry and use kangaroo... chuck some indian spices in and tastes great.

$7 a kilo where i am so no problems there, i find the mince is best, i take extra precautions and cut/shred the mince up again with a chefs knife, still to hard to work with for my liking if you don't. anything with a strong enough/rich enough flavour to overpower the kangaroo meat will do!