• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Bumper reviews.

trofius

Well I finally got some bumpers plates to go with my lonely bar..

This might be a good place for those that own em to do a short review on their bumpers, or on bumpers they have used, as It may help guide others in the future purchases.

I got 140kg of garage gym black bumpers.

six @ 20kg
two @ 10kg
plenty for now, and I can still add another 4 x 20 or 25kg bumpers / grip plates to the bar, so it will keep me going for up to 260+kg pulls, and my bar has short collars, a normal bar would get 7 of these on each end, 300+kg

I possibly wont get anymore bumpers but will rather get grip plates.

I also got 2x 5kg, 3x 2.5kg, and 2 x 1.25kg rubber coated plates aswell

Strait up they are a good size, the 20kg plates are just under 60mm wide, and the 10s are about 48mm wide.

Measuring the diameter of these plates, I get a measurement of 445mm for the 20kg plates, and just less than that for the 10kg plates... I can slide the 10s on and off no worries when a 20 already on the bar..

A few of the 20kg plates have a moulding line, with a slight gap that that goes nearly all the way around the oitside of the plates, and one of my 20s, there is a gap, and the hub seems to be moveable within the plate...They will be contacted.

They have a solid metal hub, and have a lot more bounce than an ABC bumpers, The rubber on GG bumpers is very much like typical rubber, were as the ABC plates have that almost polyurathane look to them, could just be the black vs coloured rubber aswell.

There are explicit instructions on the box stating that if they are dropped / used on anything other than an olympic lifting platform the warranty is void!!!

I will take a view pics soons, and will review how they go in a few months.

Edit: Ok When you read on a web site that they emit a rubber smell for a while, beleive it, it is quite strong, hopefully it goes away soonish, I might leave them under the verandah for a few days to take the edge off them.

The smaller Muscle motion plates, are cheap..the metal inner hub seems very loosly attached, a little rough treatment and It may come out all together, the $6/kg ABC rubber coated plates are way superior, but way more expensive aswell.

Last edited:
I have a wide variety of bumper plates

Eleiko 20kg x 2
Elieko 15kg x 6
Elieko 10kg x 2
ABC 25kg x 2
ABC 15kg x 4
ABC 10kg x 2
Mav-Rik 10kg x 2
Iron Edge 25kg x 12
Iron Edge 20kg x 14

All have performed flawlessly.

The Iron Edge ones are new. I have had a pair of 20kg ones for a few weeks, smashed them, no dramas, went back and got 500kg worth.

Previously I had stayed away from economy bumpers due to their size and the ring configuration. These budget bumpers from Iron Edge have addressed both issues.

Seeing as they are cheaper than regular NAME plates at $4.75 for 20kg plates, $90 each, its a no brainer for me.

I can fit 6 x 25kg plates on each end of a bar, making a 325kg bar with bumpers alone

Two thumbs up from me

We will be using these in the warm ups at ProRawOne. If I have any issues, I'll post up

I recently bought a set of ZKC plates that were used in the 2008 olympics. I thought they would bounce okay. They do not. In fairness I think it has a lot to do with the outer material. I'm not sure what it is. PTC would know. Plates are...

2 x 25
2 x 20
2 x 15
2 x 10
2 x 5
2 x 2.5
2 x 2
2 x 1.5
2 x 1
2 x 500g

I'm glad I bought them. I wish they bounced instead of sinking.

Good to hear about the Iron Edge ones Markos
I bought some of the economy ones last week and they should so the trick, but then I realized that I can't snatch 60kg yet (got 25s and 20s) so I ordered 4x10kg