• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Freaky spiritual type moments?

DKD

Private Dancer
When it comes to talk about mind readers, palm readers, gypsies, the after life, horoscopes, astrology, jesus talking to me, magnetic bracelets etc etc, I'm as cynical a bastard as you can get.

I'm an atheist and I believe when you die the maggots in the ground get you and that's the end of the story, you-wise.

However I have had one moment in my life which caused me to question my usual attitude to all this stuff. My parents both passed away in my early 20s with cancer, a year apart from each other. My dad passed first and a day or two after he passed my mum was standing in the kitchen and she suddenly stopped and looked at me with a very serious and shocked look and said that dad called her, spoke her name or something. I can't recall exactly the words, but she was really shocked about the whole thing.

Fast forward about 11 months, and I was standing in the same spot in the kitchen, again a day or so after she passed. I heard her voice say only one word, my name, and it was as clear as anything...I'll never forget it. It wasn't like you thinking about someone saying something...it was hearing the words in your head as clear as anything. I had to look around and check....didn't know what was going on. After a while I remembered her describing the exact same experience to me the year before. It's a nagging thing that sticks in the back of my mind, and occasionally makes me re-think my usual approach to all this stuff.

Anyone else had any experience along these lines?

No, but I often think of or say something just before someone else, any they say, I was thinking of that, or I was going to say that.
However, it never happens the other way round so doesn't seem a coincidence.

Also, once in a while I think if things or people I havent seen in years, and the next day or so they pop up in one way or another, happens very often.

No, but I often think of or say something just before someone else, any they say, I was thinking of that, or I was going to say that.
However, it never happens the other way round so doesn't seem a coincidence.

Also, once in a while I think if things or people I havent seen in years, and the next day or so they pop up in one way or another, happens very often.

Conformation bias. You remember all the hits and forget the misses.

I often think of or say something just before someone else, any they say, I was thinking of that, or I was going to say that.

This happens all the time with my wife and I. One of us is thinking of something and the other starts talking about it without any idea that the other was thinking about it. Has happened countless number of times.

Anyone here ever been with someone as they pass away?

Yep, my Dad. Mum called out around 5am, he was in a BAD way, last stages of the cancer. I ran out of bed, lifted him up out of his bed, there was black liquid shit filling in his throat, I tried to clear it out with a cup or something, and then that was that.

Mum passed when she was 44yo but sadly I wasn't there at the exact moment. She never drank, never smoked, nothing. That's why I'm not interested in hearing about any God talk. I admire the way that religious people treat others, it's the right way to carry yourself in life. I just don't believe in the concept of God.

As John Lennon said, God is a concept by which we measure our pain.

Anyway, that's all too deep me thinks, time to rush off and do some body weight shrugs.

This happens all the time with my wife and I. One of us is thinking of something and the other starts talking about it without any idea that the other was thinking about it. Has happened countless number of times.

Like I said perfect example of conformation bias. You remember the few times when one of you says something that the other was thinking. But you forget the thousands of times that it dosent happen.

The classic one is people that say that they are thinking of a song and when they turn the radio on it's playing. They remember the couple of times it happens but forget the hundreds of times it doesn't happen.

If someone does have some sort of supernatural power like being able to read someones mind there is a million dollar reward out there if you can prove it. Plenty of psychics and others with supposed powers have tried and so far none succeeded yet.

I am much the same i get told that i am too cynical have to question everything , and will find the most plausible answer to most things

but there has been a few times that have opened my eyes and made me question a few things

I am much the same i get told that i am too cynical have to question everything , and will find the most plausible answer to most things

but there has been a few times that have opened my eyes and made me question a few things

I had a situation not that long ago was at home by myself one night and all of a sudden the tv started flicking through channels by itself, the air conditioner turned on by itself and the light turned off. Plenty of people would now start reporting there are ghosts in the house or some crap.

Turns out I had sat a DVD on the set top box and it overheated. I was sitting on the aircon remote which turned it on and the light globe just blew on it's own.

People need to look for a realistic answer rather than going straight for the supernatural.

somethings can't be explained so easily

That's the thing just because someone cant explain it doesn't mean it's supernatural. All it means is they cant explain it.

Something unexplainable happens to a person what's more realistic an answer. That it is just actually something that they cannot explain or that we need to totally overhaul our understanding of the world we live in because something supernatural has just occurred.

So ur with ur honey and yur making out wen the phone rigns. U anser it n the vioce is “wut r u doing wit my daughter?” U tell ur girl n she say “my dad is ded”. THEN WHO WAS PHONE?

That's the thing just because someone cant explain it doesn't mean it's supernatural. All it means is they cant explain it.

Something unexplainable happens to a person what's more realistic an answer. That it is just actually something that they cannot explain or that we need to totally overhaul our understanding of the world we live in because something supernatural has just occurred.

Or maybe it could just be that there is a more powerful being out there.. Im religous, and im not going to make this a big thing, but i personally believe that there is a god and that all things happen for a reason...

Thats just me, and i speak for myself, and im not saying others are wrong or im right, its my opinion. Thats all..

Or maybe it could just be that there is a more powerful being out there.. Im religous, and im not going to make this a big thing, but i personally believe that there is a god and that all things happen for a reason...

Thats just me, and i speak for myself, and im not saying others are wrong or im right, its my opinion. Thats all..

i agree with this. Especially where all things happen for a reason.

There is actually a supernatural world within our world.

I dont want this to turn from " Freaky Experiences " to " aethiest v God "..

If you believe that there is no god, there is a god, there is a larger being or if your body just gets eaten by worms when you die, so be it...

This is not the thread, nor should there be a thread were the arguement of im right your wrong.

Peoples own beliefs are just that, there own, and no own else should have a say or question why someone else believes something that you dont.

Christopher Hitchens:

Here's what you'd have to believe to be a theist: For 100,000 years humanity is born, perhaps 25% of it dies in childbirth or very shortly afterwards. Life expectancy, I don't know, 25 for a very long time, infant mortality extraordinary, but after-childbirth deaths I mean, killed by microorganisms we didn't know existed, by earthquakes that we thought were portense, by storms that we didn't know came from our climate system, by other events that arise from our being born onto a cooling planet with deep cracks in its crust—faults in its crust. Then man-made things: turf wars, fights over women, fights over territory, over food, so on. Very, very slow, gradual, exponential upward progress we might like to think. Pretty slow, but at least we can claim out of our own self respect, man-made. And for the first 96,000 years of this experience heaven watches with folded arms, us go through this, with indifference, without pity and then around 4,000 years ago decides, "Gee, it's time to intervene. And the best way of doing that would probably be in Bronze Age Middle East, making appearances to stupified, illiterate peasants, which could later be passed on. The news would get to China after about a thousand years after that." That's what you have to believe. Aren't you glad you can't be made to believe that? Aren't you glad there's no theocracy any more within range of you that can make you believe that? Do you know what it's like living in countries where you can be made to believe it? Do you know what the penalties are for not believing it? They're just exactly congruent with the stupidity of the belief itself. We would be better off, ladies and gentlemen, if we grew out of it.

Last edited:
Okay back to the thread, i swear i saw a shadow move across infront of his house, freaked me out. Next time im going to actualy go check it out though.