• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Lacrosse specific Bulk up

jbhayman

Hey Guys pretty new here so wanted to put up my first post.

Firstly .. what I have in the Garage:

Boxing bag, speedball
Treadmill
Body Solid EXM series? multigym with flye (95pounds)
Bench Press Rack
spare bench incline with preacher
new Olympic barbell from Aust barbell Co. plus weights
Currently seeking a squats rack.

So the sport... requires agility/fast movement, lots of upper body strength due to impact injuries and body contact and fast arm movement and strength to throw the ball hard....

So here is what I was thinking...

Monday
Legs
4x10 Squats
3x10 Hack Squat (Squat behind legs)
3x10 Leg curls (reverse leg extension)
3x10 Standing Calf Raise

Wednesday
Chest
4x10 Bench press
3x10 Incline Press
3x10 Incline Flye
3x10 Flyes
Failure pushups Trio including....
- Pushup failure
- Flye on back failure
- Press on back failure

Friday
Back
4x10 Deadlifts (One hand front one back)
3x Failure Inverted rows
3x10 Bent over rows
3x10 Good Morning

Sunday (Big Day Workout)
Shoulders & Arms
4x10 Shoulder press
3x10 Side laterals
3x10 Front Laterals
3x10 Skullcrushers
3x10 Barbell curls
3x10 Zotterman curls
3x15 light weight Overhead wood shop

So what do you think???

U looking to ONLY bulk up or to improve ur performance in lacrosse?

That's a bodybuilding routine. So, it will help u to put on size and gain a bit of strength but are u expecting any athletic performance increase?

What position do you play? There are some routines online written specifically for lacrosse, but they are also position specific.

Would love to know where... I am looking at bulking up for the next 2 months then changing to a more vigorous routine to increase my agility/speed. I am mainly a defender but would like to get back in to some attack work this year. My style of defence is body contact and hitting hard.

im eating 6 meals a day (protein and carbs) with a protein shake in the morning and night- ON Pro gainer, then A shake post workout (Iso-sensation by Ultimate Nutrition), Anavite multivitamins in the morning and t-bomb off (have to talk to the doc about this one) and on due to a medical condition to increase testosterone. I am also taking synthetic testosterone 5mg/day (prescribed). oh and laid off the Alcohol :(

What position do you play? There are some routines online written specifically for lacrosse, but they are also position specific.

Last edited:
I dont believe in the 'sport specific weight training' idea, as in a program specially for AFL swimming, golf, lacrosse...

If you want to bulk up, do a general program while having a good diet. That and keep playing the sport of choice.

How are you going to do hack squats at home? Is it a part of your machine?

Not awkward at all, even easier if you elevate the heals.
I used it for a few weeks to substitute squats while my shoulder was crook.

I'd reduce some of the volume, your shoulder day in particular would take forever to complete. Get rid of some of the lifts your doubling up on, case and point, squats and hacks squats, the squat cannot be beaten so why do a poor imitation of it. If you want more leg work do more squats, proper squats.