• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What do you do when the weight of the world crushes your spirits?

kindred

I wasn't sure what section to post this thread.

Anyway when everything gets bad I walk. I used to jog/walk when I was lighter and also lift weights. These days all I seem to do is walk especially at the beach :)

What do you do to get you through the hard times?

Anyway when everything gets bad I walk. I used to jog/walk when I was lighter and also lift weights. These days all I seem to do is walk especially at the beach :)

i can't say i ever really feel like the weight of the world is crushing my spirits? :confused:

Do this:

stock-photo-a-muscular-man-with-a-body-suit-lifting-a-globe-of-the-earth-59371492.jpg

I do ask this question Kindred?

When it's all getting too much I like to sit back on my sofa, elevate my legs, grab a cigarette lighter and light a fart. That ball of flame transforms my mood.

Go to fridge, consume pepperoni sticks or bowl of chilli con carne, then head back to sofa. Lather, rinse and repeat.

Take the dogs for a run. No matter how shit the world is being they are always happy to see me and even happier to be played with. A beach trip with the mutts takes up 3 hours for me, that's an evening after work taken care of.

Go for a fast motorbike blat. Thoughts of daily shit disappears when I have the wind in my hair and the exhaust in my ears.

Open an international news website. Reading about what's happening to other people around the world puts into perspective my own crap. I have a roof and food, everything else is just luxury and I am grateful for it.

Help someone else. Makes you feel instantly better. Try it.

Have plans for fun stuff. This for me is the key, without it life is just going through the motions. Make plans for shit that you want to do and find out what you need to do to make it happen. For me this year it is getting a skydiving license and swimming with sharks.

Last edited:
Seriously though, one word.....

Attitude.

It will determine your outcome.

You can choose to have a positive attitude, no matter what your current situation is.

Here you go Kindred, just for you:
[youtube]dw2VX5wQYQg[/youtube]

Last edited:
Lay the fuck down on my bed, start playing the latest tiesto podcast and analyze my situation and how to fix it...

Though by the time i get to the thinking part I'm already fist pumping!

Though I have been really stressed lately, actually I'll call it over thinking type of stress, work is gay and I want to become a unit real quick (though doesn't happen that easily obviously) which is depressing.

do you actually lift kindred? (no hate - just curious).

I havent for a while but yeah I do always go back to lifting weigts. Its one of the few hobbies I have I know Ill actually do forever and really get into. I find it hard to lift when my mind is all fucked as lifting is like meditation for me. That may not make sense to you but it does to me.

My favourite lifts are actuall squats deadlifts and bench press but my knees are so fucked I find it a struggle to do squats at all!

I take my 5 year old son to the playground or skate park or outside to kick the footy. Just seeing how easy it is for him to be so happy reminds me that the simple things in life are often the best.

i take laxatives, hire a hooker and 'accidentally' crap on her lap while paying her counterfeit notes... and then I ring up Ceffo and Shrek and we go grab a 2kg steak..