• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

strange reflux problem

pistachio

ok, i have a strange problem. i've had it for quite a long time, probably several years.

basically, if i eat high protein foods on an empty stomach, i feel like vomitting. i get very bad reflux and it feels like the food is going to come back up. i usually get this with chicken (particularly breast), eggs, almonds and tuna.

this morning, i was in a rush. so absolutely scoffed down a tin of tuna. i hadn't even swallowed the last mouthful when the reflux started. it was crippling, i actually went to my knees trying to keep the tuna down.

but for the first time, i couldn't. regurgitated the tuna down the sink. immediately after i had thrown it all up, had a massive bowl of pasta (scoffed it down in about 5 minutes). no probs there.

anyone know what the hell this could be?

Last edited:
i sort of get this aswell, but with all foods. Sucks when i have to eat fast :( Try not eating your normal foods for a day or two?

its easily fixed, all i have to do is either eat carbs first (lay a base in my stomach first), or just eat REALLY slowly if there is no carbs.

im just curious as to what the hell it is

Indegestion? Eat fast = this...

The fact it hasnt even hit your stomach yet and you are bringing it up is strange..

Perhaps your not chewing enough... Carby starchy foods like pasta when wet are generally "slimey" so easier to swallow.

Tuna is dry and alot harder to eat obviously.. I suggest eating a lemon or drinking its juice prior to eating breakfast to stimulate the vegas nerve a component of the parasympathetic nervous system that will help kickstart your digestion and saliva.

Do you notice a lack of saliva or dry mouth?

Indegestion? Eat fast = this...

The fact it hasnt even hit your stomach yet and you are bringing it up is strange..

Perhaps your not chewing enough... Carby starchy foods like pasta when wet are generally "slimey" so easier to swallow.

Tuna is dry and alot harder to eat obviously.. I suggest eating a lemon or drinking its juice prior to eating breakfast to stimulate the vegas nerve a component of the parasympathetic nervous system that will help kickstart your digestion and saliva.

Do you notice a lack of saliva or dry mouth?

yeah, yesterday was the first time i actually brought it up tho, normally i just get a severe burning down the throat etc (and start salivating as if i am going to throw up).

nah, don't think i have dry mouth or lack of saliva. you are right with your recommendations, and it is not a 'serious' problem, in that it is easily preventable. just my curiosity in wondering wtf causes it, especially considering it only seems to be the high protein foods...