• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Buying a Power Rack - Setting up a Home Gym

Str8BallinLA

Hi all, I have been a member of a commercial gym for 2 years (Fitness First lol) and am thinking of making the switch to a home gym (makes sense when your paying 700-800 a year).

So Basically I'm lookin at:
A) Power Rack - inc chin bar, dip accessory etc etc
B) Flat/adjustable bench - probably adjustable decline - incline (rather have just 1 bench)
C) Barbell n weights, possibly bumper (I do hang cleans and other variations of the OLs) not entirely necessary as i never dropped weights in the gym
D) Possibly a cable attachment for my fam (who don't really work out) and the occasional tri extension, again not entirely necessary.

So I've narroed it down to:
1) Muscle Motion Commercial Power Rack
2) Force USA Commercial Power Rack

I'm leaning towards the Muscle Motion because of some good reveiws from you forum members and also because the 220 cm height (10 cm less then the Force USA) suits my 240ish cm ceiling.

Gym Equipment, Fitness Equipment, Home Gym Equipment, Power Racks, Multi Gyms, Weight benches seems to be the best online store I've come accross. any reviews or suggestions on other stores would be appreciated (I live in Brisbane).

Search results for: 'Muscle Motion Commercial Power Rack'+
Package 5 seems pretty good compared to package 4 which is 500$ extra cause of bumper plates opposed to regulars. Id probably switch the Flat to an adjustable bench. And possibly add the Lat pull attachment.

Any suggestions/comaparisons or info from current owners of these or other comparable racks would be appreciated.

Also info on the peripheral items (eg good adjustable bench?) and stores would be greatly appreciated.

Dam that took a long time to type.