• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Rings coming out of my rubber coated plates - how to fix

Oli

I have a set of muscle motion adjustable dumbbells but on a few plates the rings are coming out.

Is there anyway to somehow glue them back and get them to stay in? I thought about superglue but I'm concerned it will rot the rubber.

Don't have the money for a fixed set right now, need your help guys!

This happens to my 20 and 25kg MM plates too.

I was thinking some sort of compound called sikaflex, they use it on mining equipment to seal up the gaps, so it should be sweet for rubber/metal. I think you can get it from Bunnings.

Rubber COATED plates are generally made to be used by recreational lifters, those that dont deadlift.

They will bench, curl, some may even squat, but the plates NEVER touch the ground.

Subjecting them to deadlifts and cleans, movements unheard of in commercial gyms, may cause the plates to suffer abnormal pain and stress.

Contact Adrian Oli, he may be able to help.

I'm not suggesting you have mistreated the plates by the way, but your stronger than the average recreational lifter, and doing very heavy DB rows may have been whats caused the problem

Thanks for the tip leachy.

You're right Markos I think I'll give Adrian a ring. Buying equipment is getting to be a pain in the ass because unless its very high quality ($$$) I can and will trash it.

Also I'm looking at slowly collecting Ivanko plates as I think the thickness of the rubbers (6cm approx) is going to cause issues in the future. Good or bad idea? Can you see a cheaper option?

Last edited:
Are these the rubber Olympic plates from gymdirect?

Im intrested in the 7# Package deal, which includes these. If so do you recommend the Olympic Hammertones instead?

Last edited: