• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Recommended Personal Trainers

GoPies

Disclaimer: Apologies if this has been done before and I couldn't find it.... I did do a search

I thought it might be a good idea to have a central place for recommending personal trainers that know what they are talking about and have produced the desired results.

If you have been to a good personal trainer please post up their details like the following:

Name: Joe Blow
Area: Northern Suburbs Melbourne
Contact Details: blah

I have my own home gym but I'm having some difficulties with my form and I was hoping to find someone who is recognised as knowing what they are talking about to help out.

Hopefully this could help out others as well

I'd either do a session or two with Markos or buy a copy of Starting Strength and teach yourself.

YouTube is your friend. Video yourself and post it up here and get advice by people who know their shit!!

I don't recommend youtube, very hit and miss. Plus some people aren't visual learners. Nothing can substitute for having someone there look at you.

If you're in Melbourne, get down to Markos in Frankston. Failing that, the only decent trainers or coaches I know of I'm working with in Hawthorn or Box Hill.

Always put your location in your profile, it helps a lot when people are looking for training partners or whatever. Who knows, maybe one of the regulars actually lives next door to you.

Thanks for all the help so far guys. All suggestions are welcome.

Looked at plenty of youtube and I can see what the proper technique is... unfortunately I'm not sure why I can't do it. I have a suspicion its a combination of short arms and legs + shithouse flexibility. A bit of human interaction can definitely help out ;)

Northern suburbs eh?

You can go to Melb Uni Weightlifting and Powerlifting Club: Melbourne University Weightlifting and Powerlifting Club and ask.

I train there but it's a club and they don't have PTs. Just coaches. I don't think they do one-on-one sessions like Markos does, but I don't normally pay attention to that while I train.

Apollo Gym in Footscray is also good from what I've heard.

Yeah, you probably won't get too many suggested trainers here, lots of fiercely independent types.

Markos in Frankston, or come here to Hawthorn if that's too far for you.

Thanks Kyle. I'll have a look at the calendar and work out when and where (convenience) I could get to see someone and then think about booking in.

Thanks for all the help so far guys. All suggestions are welcome.

Looked at plenty of youtube and I can see what the proper technique is... unfortunately I'm not sure why I can't do it. I have a suspicion its a combination of short arms and legs + shithouse flexibility. A bit of human interaction can definitely help out ;)

What exercise buddy? I'm in the SE suburbs, if you could put a vid up we could critique it for you.