• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Desk Excercises

B

BeanGrower

sitting at a desk for work can make you feel sore after awhile so i have been doing these chair exercises to help

Chair knee raises:
sit in your chair, Lean slightly forward, bring your knees to your chest. Then extend your legs back out. (remeber to exhale on the way up)

Chair twist: Most people have swivel chairs so what I do is place my hands on the table in front of me. then twist my lower body left to right keeping my shoulders parrallel to the table.

Chair leg curls: just a normal seated leg curl, easiest when the chair is at the max height. Do it slow and try to use your own muscles as resistance.

Chair leg raises: sit at the edge of the chair. straighten your legs out in front of you. raise your legs parrallel to the chair as possible. Move your feet 6 to 8 inches up and down.

Chair scissors: Same position as leg raises but move your legs out side to side.

Chair walking place: in the sitting position raise one knee up at a time trying to keep your muscles tense. (single leg knees raises)

Butt clinch: we all know this one: clinch your butt together for 10secs and release.

Arms Circles: Out stretch your arms in front of you. spin your arms in a circlular direction. after a few reps get bigger each time. then reverse direction.

Flyes: Put arms like your doing a bicep flex, Move your arms into the center of your body touch elbows together and move back. Use your own muscle resistance to do these.

Seated shrugs: put your arms straight down beside you. bring your shoulders up and try to touch your ears. Hold for a count of ten. Keeping the tension lowering back down to normal position and repeat.

Seated Rows: You can sit up or bend down for this. I bend down like I am tying my shoes. then bring my elbows up like I am trying to touch my shoulder blades together. Keep tension all the way up and down. Sitting up you do the samething.

Dips: put your hands on the end of the chair lower your butt down to the floor and push yourself back up. repeat.

Vacuum: sit up straight try to pull your belly button to your spin. hold for a ten count and release. Repeat.