• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What to expect new dad incoming!!

TrentZor

Missus is 3.5 month preggars. She's getting bigger everyday. Moods swings lots of farting etc midnight food runs. Wtf lol

I know it's gonna change my life but how much after the child is born

- Such as training?
- sleep
- wifes mood swings post birth??

I'm freaking out here!!

Thanks Gareer my man.

Yeah ive got no clue

I'm gonna go find some fathering books me thinks!! Don't wanna be a fail dad!

Ceffo I have no doubt it'll come naturally to you. At some point people can tell you all they want what to do and what not to do. But you know what's going to be right for your children. And kids are flexible. It's hard to mess em up too bad.

Ceffo I have no doubt it'll come naturally to you. At some point people can tell you all they want what to do and what not to do. But you know what's going to be right for your children. And kids are flexible. It's hard to mess em up too bad.

For a young bloke who isn't a dad that's a pretty good answer Gareer.

Congrats Ceffo, we're expecting our second kid (boy) in late Feb, so we've also got a bit of excitement in our house. I'm thinking of naming him Kindred Ceffo-Shrek...surname.

Yeah it does come pretty naturally. I got a book, browsed it a few times, but it gathered dust after that. You're probably better off doing a bit of free basic internet research (no better place to start than AusBB!)

Nappy changing isn't really pleasant, that's something to look forward too. I kept thinking one day he was gonna piss on me as he laid on his back when I changed his nappy, but never happened. I got vomited on once lol....

As for sleep, my wife had an amazing radar and got up instantly when he cried...I hardly ever heard him and never really lost too much sleep (great dad!).

You should still be ok with training etc might have to make adjustments is all. All I had to do was change nappy every now and then, settle him down a few times when crying, and also bathe him each night around 7.30/8.00. So if you're training 5/6 you should still be fine (depending on what wife says!)

You'll be cool mate...enjoy it.

Hey mate,
Congrats firstly, Second like the other guys have said it mostly comes naturally to you. Yeah some of it takes practice but you will learn.
Personally I have 2 girls one is 3 the other is 1, So for pretty much the entire time I have been training full on I have had the little ones. At the start you should expect broken sleep but you will still get it lol as much as sometimes it wont feel like it.
I changed my training times to train in the morning between 6 - 7, Like DkD I have to get the girls dinner and Bath them they are in be at 830, So after the night protein its off to bed about 9-930 then up at 530 to train and get to work. But ill be changing the times this year to suit my new job.
Dont freak dude it will all work itself out, Need anything else just let us know,
Goodluck dude

Oh yeah and as for the Ps3 thing I still play HEAPS, Im online atleast an hour a day man. Dads need to zone out sometimes aswell, Im immature and do all the typicl guy shit that the missus dont like but Whatevs

Get used to watching Dora The Explorer on TV, or some other show....
You're gonna really miss your personal time and freedom to just do anything you want whenever you want, it's like you're locked down.
You gotta watch them all the time, all the time, all the time.

It's good to get some help, I have the inlaws helping me with my 2yo.
It really helps alot and I can put up with them because of that.

I have managed to avoid some responsibilities so far.
Have never changed a dirty nappy since she was born.

How the "f" have you managed that...

Big congrats Ceffo...you'll love being a dad...there's nothing better then your bubs first laugh...

The guys are right...it does come naturally, every baby is different as is every parent...the only advice I can give is to make sure you and your partner are on the same page with regards to parenting.....as for training, when Tyler our first (now 3) was born I took a whole 3 days off training and probably the less for Abby our second (now 1)...I now train in the evening when they are both tucked away for the night....

Get used to watching Dora The Explorer on TV, or some other show....
You're gonna really miss your personal time and freedom to just do anything you want whenever you want, it's like you're locked down.
You gotta watch them all the time, all the time, all the time.

It's good to get some help, I have the inlaws helping me with my 2yo.
It really helps alot and I can put up with them because of that.

Watching them constantly is what really drains me. There is no time you can switch off for longer than about 30 seconds once they start walking. I'm seriously considering temporary kid fencing and a back pack lead.

Big congrats, ceffo!

If it's a masculine child, I hope you buy him enough toys this time so that he won't beat your wanking record. :p

Yeah looks like I'll go with the flow.

If it's a boy im gonna put him on curling his milk bottle while he drinks. 100 rep min hehehe

Watching them constantly is what really drains me. There is no time you can switch off for longer than about 30 seconds once they start walking. I'm seriously considering temporary kid fencing and a back pack lead.

This is so true.

I think this just means you care alot about your little one and want to protect them.
It's damn hard and tiring work watching over them, just one.

I really don't know how some mothers do it, especially some single mothers who have trouble looking after themselves, on unemployment benefits with multiple kids.
Do they just neglect the kids sometimes because looking after just 1 child seems harder to me than running a busy business and other multiple activities going on simultaneously.
Maybe some people are naturally good with kids.
Being a childcare/daycare worker would be like torture for me, would go crazy...

With the nappy thing, I simply avoided it, so far so good.
Just pretend you don't know what to do and if you avoid it for long enough, you can get away with it.
Mother and Grandmother generally do it, so at least it gets done.

Great news mate, you will love it. Dont worry about a thing, it all just comes naturally. Little less sleep for a while, but its all good in the end, especially when they start laughing, crawling, talking, walking, getting in to all your stuff

and all this time I thought you were firing blanks..unless............?????

hahah,
Congrats dude.