• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Aesthetics

Chicken salad cannot be made from chicken shit.

In other words you need to have the goods; the right muscle shape, tendon length, limb length, fibre type and such.

They're not symmetrical they're just lean. Get down to 6-8%, keep some muscle mass and you will look like that too.

Dexter Jackson, arguably one of the most "aesthetic" BB's of the last decade. He's won the Olympia how many times?
He is a super-freak being that ripped with no cardio.... must be the hydroxycut ;)

But I just find aesthetics interesting as I feel if you can look your best you will feel your best / be your best. true first you gotta add size

Not all bodybuilders are perfectly symmetrical, the ones that are stand above the rest

I think you mean balance more than symmetry.

Arnold, the greatest of all, had poor symmetry, his biceps didnt match, didnt hinder him much

Dorian Yates tore a bicep, destroyed his symmetry

index.php

Dorian-Yates-Wallpapers-3ok.jpg

Last edited:
If i was to be critical, I'm the same I broke my collar bone 4 or 5 years ago and as a result I'm not symmetrical anymore and it drives me nuts! Nothing I can do about it though.

Jim I think you missed how zyzz and such came to be.

I actually had a stint at bodybuilding when I was 16, ended up dropping it because of school but thats how I ended up with my rack. Anyway, back then on bb.com most of the members were 100kg+ and nat, but their bodyfats were always 10-15%.

Zyzz's 'aesthetic' crew is the opposite. A lot of them sit at 8% or lower. With the low bodyfat comes some definition/appearance of symmetry and because they all juice and can keep their bodyweight in the high 80s/low 90s. Looking at thier profiles, they would probably be bigger if they weren't such idiots trainingwise.

You could probably do a similar thing (if thats you in your avatar you look impressive imo anyway), albeit you'd need to have a bodyfat around 10% due to the lack of drugs. Just pick a solid strength training program, do a day of conditioning and get your diet down tight. You'll have the 'aesthetic' physique you want without the drongo personality to match.

+1 to Serge.

I still appreciate bodybuilding of Arnolds era more than I do now. I really don't like the GH-gut look ala Coleman et. al.

+1 to Serge.

I still appreciate bodybuilding of Arnolds era more than I do now. I really don't like the GH-gut look ala Coleman et. al.

But everyone likes the freaks.. you have to admit.. Although u dont want to look like that it is sitll an ipressive feat.

If i was to be critical, I'm the same I broke my collar bone 4 or 5 years ago and as a result I'm not symmetrical anymore and it drives me nuts! Nothing I can do about it though.

Would argue that you have not got enough size to worry about symmetry atm anyway, to be honest.

Serge was amazing, shame politics tainted his career somewhat.

11083946_gal.jpg

Little bit of the Myth, just because I can

oliva.jpg

If I remember correctly he may have worked a manual labour job, to... :D

Jim I think you missed how zyzz and such came to be.

Zyzz's 'aesthetic' crew is the opposite. A lot of them sit at 8% or lower. With the low bodyfat comes some definition/appearance of symmetry and because they all juice and can keep their bodyweight in the high 80s/low 90s. Looking at their profiles, they would probably be bigger if they weren't such idiots training wise.

You could probably do a similar thing (if thats you in your avatar you look impressive imo anyway), albeit you'd need to have a bodyfat around 10% due to the lack of drugs. Just pick a solid strength training program, do a day of conditioning and get your diet down tight. You'll have the 'aesthetic' physique you want without the drongo personality to match.

Thanks for the response Oli. Yeah it'd be pretty impressive if they weren't juiced, but in zyzz's crew I find him more impressive because of the symmetry....unlike others like "chestbrah" and such who have huge arms and not much else. Sorry, that isn't me in my avatar, it's a guy name Chris Krueger I find him really inspirational, he has a good channel on youtube. That said my body fat is fairly low, currently I have an injured glute/ham and am letting that heal, as soon as it is I will start PTC's Beginners Program and post up a log.

What do have in mind when you say a day of conditioning?? I'm only 17 and will probs just worry about adding size first. Hahah I'll try to resist having a drongo personality. cheers