• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

You, on reflection

DKD

Private Dancer
Read an article this morning about best cars of the decade...first time it occurred to me that the noughties decade is almost done.

It got me thinking about the decade past (2000-2010) and where I was at the start, where I am now, and where I might be in 10 years from now.

In 2000 I'd been married only 2 years, and was about to head off on my first big overseas holiday to Europe with my wife. I wasn't happy with where I was at work-wise. Through the decade I decided to study while working and got some good qualifications behind me. This paid off big time, career has really taken off since then, with salary more than tripled. Easily the best thing to happen during the decade was the birth of my son.

If I go back even further, in 1990 I was a reckless pisshead who killed so many brain cells going out several times a week. By 2000 that side of me was done and I'd calmed down a lot....I was sick of the hangovers.

Where will I be in 2020...who knows?

What about you guys? A lot of you would have been in Primary School back in 2000...lol

Seems like an interesting time to reflect back and look ahead. Any thoughts?

I had numerous dead end jobs around 1990's. I left school in 1988 and did not get any tertiary education (Followed in the steps of Paul Keating - My hero)

I was married in 1999 and I am now the Sydney Manager for a Telecommunications company. Hopefully will snare some big contracts when NBN kicks off, already doing some work for NBN.

In 2020, well I don't really look that far into the future. Just being healthy is good enough for me.

In the year 2000 I was single, having fun, drinking shitloads, smoking weed, earning decent money and pissing my life and money into the wind. Had 2 really bad asthma attacks, woke up on life support with one of them, decided not long after that life is important, started to eat healthier and exercise.
Got stuck into the weights, got serious a while ago with proper eating and lifting heavy. Now have 2 kids, great family, missus and I quit our ok but going nowhere jobs a couple of years ago, sold our house and enrolled in uni to secure our futures. Missus has one year left on her course (full time uni, part time work), and I have 2 years left (full time work, part time uni).

I was in Grade 3 in 2000.
Finished school now and trying to do something with my life.

Last edited:
I've heard that most people overestimate what they can achieve in 1 year, but underestimate what can be done in 10 years.
10 years can be a very long time, depending on your approach to it.

I got married beginning of 2000.
Was going nowhere careerwise, working as a labourer and had no savings.
10 years later, have a 2yo daughter, running a good business and developing property now.

Before that 1994 was my first year out of school, worked as an apprentice woodturner/cabinetmaker earning a whole $175/week...
Pretty much lost it all gambling on horse racing and drinking for about the first 5 years.
Was still living at home and earning money and being able to spend it on anything for the first time felt good.
It was like going from a child to an adult.

Did not wake up and start thinking about the future until about 24 years old, when all those I went to school with had finished their uni degrees and were starting to earn good salaries.
This woke me up, as I knew I could do so much more and wasted too much time already, time to show all what I could do and achieve.

2010 is just too hard to predict now, will be 45 years old.
Hope to be well built, very active and healthy.
Want to get involved in more business and investments.
Should be earning in excess of 100x that starting wage back in 1994.

Last edited:
In 2000 I had just moved out of home and started my first attempt at uni.

Since then I've not graduated anything, married my long-time girlfriend, spent 3 years living overseas and traveled extensively and am now coming full circle and having another go at study starting in 2011. I'm going to be a 30 year old first freshman, awesome.

I love this clip, and often have it on replay whilst my trainees arive:

Somewhat relative, I think :)

[YOUTUBE]ljbI-363A2Q[/YOUTUBE]

Enjoy,

Aaron.

In 2000 i was in grade 5, life was soo easy.

Since then i've been expelled from school in grade 10, dislocated my knee and had 6 operations on it, stopped and started smoking too many times to count, studdied 2 different courses at uni, made a fuckload of big macs - yep i still work at maccas, and recently started getting serious about getting strong.

In the year 2000, I was in year 8 – Quite a nerd. Moved schools a few times as my family moved around Melbourne. Graduated in 2004, and started Law at Monash Uni in Clayton. Wasn’t a good uni student – too much freedom – stuck at it until I came to the realisation that ‘Law’ and I just weren’t going to get along.

In 2006 I got a job working for Coates Hire, starting in Dandenong, and finishing in Shepparton in May of this year. Bought a house in 2007 in a little country town called Numurkah. We have since moved to Melbourne, after a job offer to work as a trainer for WAM Training. Have tenants in our house up North, as well as being tenants ourselves in Pakenham.

In between then and now, we kept and bred reptiles. 2007 was our peak, with 85 snakes (not including hatchlings). We kept everything from carpet pythons (most species), to tiger snakes, brown snakes, death adders, and Inland Taipans (the world's most venomous snake). Frogs, lizards, dragons, etc, etc. Now, we have just one - a Bredli Python (much easier to manage lol).

In July of 2006, my daughter Kealey was born. She is my world. I have a fantastic partner named Morgan, and I love my job. Where will we be in 2020? Hopefully relatively free financially, and still squatting 3x per week (lol). Really - Who knows? So long as we’re all healthly and happy.

Cheers,

Aaron.

yeah 2000 i was at year 10 at school, and a computer games addict

not much has changed

I think i earn less money now per hour then when i was 15 lol
cab industry went to shit here last year

in 2000 i was in grade 10 also!
Alot has changed since then.
No more drugs and deadbeat friends. No more depression and trying to please everyone. I have the joy. It is within me. Always have been.

In 96, my mate always said, we will be in flying cars in the year 2000. I am sadly disappointed lol

yr 7 in 2000. 5th year law in 2010. bit stressed out then and now. also having fun though.
mad ecto in school, 90kg now. hope to be fit and healthy and enjoying some form of sport in 2020.
hope to be in a decent paying and interesting job (this is important) in 2020.
would love a kid or 2 but don't really want a wife lol!!

Was a young 16 in 2000. A lot has happened in this decade, plenty of growing up, stresses, mistakes, learning and living. Getting into and passed your mid twenties I feel there's a lot of cross roads (all my mates are experiencing it). It's a strange time with regards to work life (career) as well as with relationships (partners, the engagement and marriage talks, the pressure). Quite a few of us are at these paths, probably a few of the biggest decisions we've had to make to date.

It'll be (most likely) relatively sorted by the end of the next decade.. so here's looking forward to easier decision making and clarity.. ahh!

At 34 this year i ponder alot as well what the next 10 years will hold. I find in my quite moments i reflect on where my lifes headed and going.

2000-2010
in 2000 i had just left uni and was jobless due to the .dot com crash and didnt know what i wanted to do.
I ended up working in a factory skinning chicken for 12 bux an hour
Its funny i think working in that condition for 5months "opened" my eyes to the world.
My poor mum shed tears when she found out i had to work in a factory skinning shit like a pleb driving a old ford laser.
I promised to myself that by 2010 i would be making $100/hour in an office somewhere and owning properties/cars.

-
-
-
Fast forward to now and im stoked ive achieved what ive wanted in life.

2010-2020 onwards?

- Have 3 kids
- 10 houses
- Buy a 100k boat
- Retire at 45

At 34 this year i ponder alot as well what the next 10 years will hold. I find in my quite moments i reflect on where my lifes headed and going.

2000-2010
in 2000 i had just left uni and was jobless due to the .dot com crash and didnt know what i wanted to do.
I ended up working in a factory skinning chicken for 12 bux an hour
Its funny i think working in that condition for 5months "opened" my eyes to the world.
My poor mum shed tears when she found out i had to work in a factory skinning shit like a pleb driving a old ford laser.
I promised to myself that by 2010 i would be making $100/hour in an office somewhere and owning properties/cars.

-
-
-
Fast forward to now and im stoked ive achieved what ive wanted in life.

2010-2020 onwards?

- Have 3 kids
- 10 houses
- Buy a 100k boat
- Retire at 45

I'm hoping to have a life like yours ceffo. That Billionaire song by Bruno Mars, thats what I want. I'll do anything to be a billionaire some day.

In 2000, I was...

- 8 years old? So grade 3 I believe.
-Had moved up from Coolangatta
-Done jack all except surf.

-Finished Highschool in 2009 with an OP2
-Finished my first year of engineering/commerce at uq
-Have 4 jobs, including working at Apple.
-Bigger, Stronger, Faster
-Played State Waterpolo
-Leant a whole lot of life lessons
-Set goals for the future.

Great work, ceffo! I hope to emulate your success.

In 2000, I was 17, in my last year of high school, living at home and had not much of a clue what to do next with my life. Physically I was weak & unfit, and mentally I was very naive. I had been strung along by the hottest girl in my class and although I did eventually get some pity nookie, I got LJBFed at the end while learning that she was getting railed by the local gangsters. I was a terrible dancer, like most guys, but I never felt bad about it until I got ditched by my date at college ball for some African guy who's a good dancer.

The next year, I moved to Australia for uni and haven't looked back.

In 2010, I have a well paying job after getting promoted nearly every year for 5 years and am the youngest person ever (as well as the youngest in the whole department) to hold this position.

I've finally cleared all of my considerable debts (paying international student fees), owned a high valued apartment in an Asian city and have some decent cash to my name which I'm working on investing somewhere.

Physically I'm bigger, stronger & faster than I've ever been.

I've become good enough at dancing to get paid up to $150 for a 3-min performance and fast rising to the top in Australia. This year, one female teacher after a few dances with me commented that I dance like an African American - which reminded me of when I got ditched for that African fella. :D Life's good!

And I'm no longer so naive about women that I'd get strung along like back then.

In 2020, I want to own some considerable assets (properties & other things) and a successful business or two. Have a good plan towards early retirement. Still stay strong & healthy. Well-travelled. Still do well at keeping crazy women out of my life.