• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Hammer Strength Worth Getting ?

Juice

Hey Guys.....I am in process of designing to build a house in the next 12months. One of the rooms is going to be a gym room which is going to have a really high roof.

Would it be worth spending the money and buying the 9 Foot Hammer Strength Power Rack or Half Rack ?

Thanks

Gym direct

Hammer make lovely plate loaded equipment, but the for the rack you would just be paying $$$ for the name.

Half Rack is about about 2700 and full rack on about 4000....since the aus dollar is good the prices have come down.

I know it cost a bit, but these would last forever...

The only reason I see for the HS rack is if you squat ridiculously wide. They have awesome pull up handles, but nothing that can't be replicated with a towel. Save your dosh and get a MM rack.

Also I'm not fond of their safety bars. They're huge and solid as, thats the main plus but they rotate and move, that in my book is a flaw. Also because they're so damn wide you have to be pretty spot on with re-racking.

Their rack is 300kg and would cost more than what a muscle motion home gym with a full dumbbell set would. There is such thing as overkill.

Juice I squat almost 200kg. theres a few things that frustrate me about the muscle motion but quality is not one of them.

$4000 for a rack is insane unless you are a money is no object kind of guy and like to tell people how much you paid for stuff.

I'm unsure as to how long you've been lifting or your goals, but I dont see how you can justify that.

If I had $4000 for equipment, I would spend $1200 on the rack and $2800 on a bar and bumpers ( Zhang Kong)

What bar/plates are you planning on getting, because that is when you should pay extra for quality.

If your spending $4000 on a rack, you really need to buy Ivanko/Eleiko etc

Thanks for all your comments.

I have slowly been adding to my home gym, it has not been a priority as I have a awesome gym at work.

So far I have all the flooring, a set of rubber hex dbells with rack ( 1 kg - 40kg ), 2 x ABC Bars, ABC Bumpers a set of 10,15,20,25 ( which I have lent to a friend as I have not been able to do lower body training due to injury for a long time ). Also have 6 x 20kg ABC rubber coated plates.

I have KB's 2 x 16 and 20, 1 x 24,28,32.

We have a HS half rack at work and since they installed it, i cant be removed from it. I cant find one thing wrong with it. The dip handles are awesome, pull up bar are faultless, the thick rear pull up bat attachment, the safties are great, even for a half rack, squatting is great.

Im not a bragger that will be telling ppl how much I paid, I just have some cash saved up, and Lifefitness in QLD (once I move there) are really gonna look after me with a generous discount with a few other things I will be buying.

I dont waste my money on stuff, so I wanna do it right the first time.

In other words.....if you all had the chance to buy the rack would you ?

Thanks again

If someone gave me a hammerstrength for free I'd be stoked, but I'd prefer they gave me the muscle motion and the left over money. The MM is a great rack too and I could use the money on other things (the $600 commercial incline comes to mind as do abc plates...)