• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Looking at getting Power rack + bench

The Hamburgler

Spotter Loader
So basically I'm looking to set up a home gym (for both myself and future clients) and obviously every gym needs a power/squat rack and a flat bench (plus a bar and plates obviously)

I've read a couple of threads on here, plus been recommended by a couple of friends and at this stage I've narrowed it down to these:

Racks:
Force USA Power Rack with band attachments
Muscle Motion Power Rack - Best Value Power Rack in Australia

Benches:
Bench Press - Muscle Motion - Home Gym
Bench Press - Muscle Motion - Home Gym

Anyone had any experience with either of these or recommend something else? I like the band attachments on the first rack but it's not 100% necessary cos I can just use DBs to weight them down.
As for the bench, I'd like one where it's easy to spot someone.

Any ideas/suggestions would be good :)

I'd say buy the MM Commercial rack, as it will last you forever - particularly if you plan on having clients on it. You could save the extra money buy not buying a full bench press, but rather just a bench to use in the rack.

When you have enough clients visiting home to justify requiring a rack and bench that can be used independently, buy one!

Cheers,

Aaron.

Get the MM commercial rack package with 175kg of rubber plates and a flat bench. After that if you feel like it get a commercial incline bench, ez curl bar and dumbbells.

That would give you a free weights set up like most hardcore gyms minus the retards.

I have the commercial MM rack and it's awesome. Get the commercial one, you will kick yourself if you get anything less.

Cheers for the advice
The package looks like the best bet
Got an incline already and don't use ez bars so might hold out on that for a bit

Ordered the MM package and just got a call to say they're upgrading to the Force USA rack for free cos they're out of MM stock
Reckon I should take it or stick with MM?

I'd buy from gymdirect and get the muscle motion package personally. It looks so much more simple lol.

The one I ordered looks the same as the one from gymdirect to me lol
The force USA rack is basically the same but with the band attachment. Just wanna know if the rack is going to be similar quality to the MM one

I have the MM commercial. It's good, and it will probably outlast me. The hole spacing could be closer, the low horizontal bars could be about an inch lower so you could Deadlift in it, and it is really, really deap. Really good chinning bar on it, though you need to take to it with a metal file. Definitely worth the money.

The mm commercial flat bench is solid, though I'd get the one with wheels and wide top if I bought again.

I no the chin bar can obviously hold a person, was mainly referring to chaining it up to the middle chin bar... The weight on one point