• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

"The Bear" Complex exercise

little_lifter

Has anyone heard of this exercise complex?
I found it while fucking around on youtube.

It's explained here:
Workout Plan | Men's Health

And shown here:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfmuCo4paZI&feature=fvw]YouTube - The Bear Workout - Clean to Front Squat to Push Press to Back Squat to Push Press[/ame]

Looks like one of those exercises that tries to accomplish everything at once, but I may be wrong. Curious to hear others opinions of it?

Seems to consist of:
-Powerclean
-Front Squat
-Push Press
-Back Squat
-Push Press

"The Judd"..... I like it, gives it a little more than "The Bear"
And with a name like that how can it not produce excellence? lol

We do this a bit. Body weight is a great achievement, Max has done it with 90kg when he weighed 70kg. A couple of guys have done it with body weight or just over, Mick and Alen

i thought i read somewhere that doing a movement like a push press from behind your neck was bad...

Am i just crazy and imagining i read things?

We do this a bit. Body weight is a great achievement, Max has done it with 90kg when he weighed 70kg. A couple of guys have done it with body weight or just over, Mick and Alen

Farrrk, I doubt I could even get 0.6/0.7 x bw on this. To get 90 at around the same bodyweight........ I have much work to do.

How many is a set, or is a set a predetermined length of time.

These things rock you like you would never believe, last time i did them it was just 40kg, but was doing 3 sets of 10, laying down and dying for about 5 minutes between sets.

How many is a set, or is a set a predetermined length of time.

These things rock you like you would never believe, last time i did them it was just 40kg, but was doing 3 sets of 10, laying down and dying for about 5 minutes between sets.

interested to know the answer to this also.

I'm confused by the question, how many is a set of squats?????

Whatever the fuck you want. We use them for strength AND cardio.

Hamburglar, no need to do overhead squats with these

clean - front squat - push press - back squat - push press behind head

When you said this, you had a rep range in mind saying bodyweight is a good target. Bodyweight for 2 or 10 or what?

I'm confused by the question, how many is a set of squats?????

Whatever the fuck you want. We use them for strength AND cardio.

Hamburglar, no need to do overhead squats with these

clean - front squat - push press - back squat - push press behind head

Yeah I know, just bemoaning my lack of shoulder flexibility :p

for info, I was doing 5 reps at 50% BW. Wasn't too difficult so might up it a bit and see how it goes.