• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Overclocking

Christian

Active Member, June10MOTM
OK guys, well im bored with my PC atm..

Im also broke, that gives me the oppotunity to play more with overclocking :) ,,,

Im wanting to jack my e5200 up a bit more maybe to at least 3.6ghz.

currently i have a p5kplcm motherboard and i think it may be what is holding me back? as i cant see to be able to adjust vcore so i am stuck at 3.3ghz stable on prime95.

I have 4gig gskill trident ram a 4870 1gig gpu. Big F/OFF arctic cooler..

Is it worth buying 2nd hand somthing like this?

ASUS MAXIMUS FORMULA LGA 775 ROG MOTHERBOARD GAMERS (eBay item 120653203820 end time 05-Dec-10 21:11:24 AEDST) : Computers

Opinions on what i should do plz im a bit lost..

Well I already at 3.3 from 2.5

I have an antec case and enough airflow..

Temps are good.

I would say your motherboard would be the thing limiting you, so yeah i reckon upgrade your motherboard. I personally before had a P5K Deluxe motherboard + a e4200 i think, and i got that to go from 2ghz to 3.2ghz stock volts. I don't have any experience with the maximus board but from what i have read its a pretty good board. P5K Deluxe was pretty damn easy to overclock with.

Have you considered getting a delta to add to your case? lol :p

Delta TFB1212GHE 120x38mm Extreme High Speed

That motherboard is most likely the problem, if you can't even change the vcore then you have pretty much no chance of improving it. The ASUS maximum would do a much better job.

ask dandexter hes a computer wiz, pretty sure he does overclocking

I don't overclock much anymore, however I'm pretty sure i'm still the highest ranked hardware master in Australia.