• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Step/Stair machines

skywalker21

What is the general opinion on these devices. They really seem to get me working quite hard, good for working up a sweat.

Stairmaster-Stepmill-916-7000.jpg

I've never used one. When I do exercise I go for walks around the neighborhood and plan a route with a few steep and long hills. I notice Ronnie Coleman uses those things in his vids.

Expensive way to loose weight.

Do some burpees or just go for a good old fashioned walk. then again cardio is not necessary to loose weight.
Diet and heavy weights is ideal, preserves muscle mass, cardio is catabolic.

.. I've used it a the gym to finish off a leg work out, after walking lunges and I can hardly walk. Burn some Calories I suppose ..

Expensive way to loose weight.

Do some burpees or just go for a good old fashioned walk. then again cardio is not necessary to loose weight.
Diet and heavy weights is ideal, preserves muscle mass, cardio is catabolic.

Nah not expensive at all. I play sport so getting some cardio in isnt such a bad idea.

Nah not expensive at all. I play sport so getting some cardio in isnt such a bad idea.

Expensive value, If you cant go out side to walk or exercise there is a problem.. Go to the beach run in the sand, buy some kettlebells..

Do we really need to pay for pretend exercises that are available free?

Expensive value, If you cant go out side to walk or exercise there is a problem.. Go to the beach run in the sand, buy some kettlebells..

Do we really need to pay for pretend exercises that are available free?

Can we just forget about the expense of the machine. I dont own it Im allowed to use it when ever i want due to it being apart of my gym membership. I also go for runs "outside" aswell.

You guys really arent keen on machines on here lol.

Have you ever used one Noobs ?

Last edited:
The stepper gives quite a aorkout to the legs, this may affect your squats (you are squatting aren't you?).

The stepper is quite often used by individuals who want a leg workout but are afraid or do not want to perform squats or any other leg workout.

Can we just forget about the expense of the machine. I dont own it Im allowed to use it when ever i want due to it being apart of my gym membership. I also go for runs "outside" aswell.

You guys really arent keen on machines on here lol.

Have you ever used one Noobs ?

I used one years ago when I had no idea WTF I was doing...

There are much better options to increase your conditioning such as DB and BB complexes, kettlebells, flipping tyres, dragging and pushing sleds etc. If you like it the use it just do it interval style and think of adding an upperbody conditioning exercise in as well for a circuit.

What is the general opinion on these devices. They really seem to get me working quite hard, good for working up a sweat.

I personally like them. Not for personal use but to watch fit women in tight pants use them.

Best cardio/resistance leg exercise in my opinion is deep jump and tuck sand squats.

EDIT: Also I am quite fit cardiovascular wise but if i want to break into a sweat I put weight above my head and squat. By the end of the first set I'm dripping in sweat.

Last edited: