• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Powertec Power Rack Owners ?

Juice

Hey guys, if you own a Powertec Power rack can you let me know how it has perforemed. What you like dont like about it.

Also add in your weight, I alot of reviews say that doing pull ups on it is fine, but it weights 100 and I weigh 103, so I would like to know if that would make a big problem.

Thanks

Most of us have muscle motions. Same thing but aussie brand and a fair bit cheaper.

btw - any rack under 200kg is going to move like a bitch.

Heaviest I've used mine was 95kg bodyweight, but I add weight to my pull/chinups so I would have been 100+. It's fine.

It holds the bar, safeties catch the bar when you fail, it has dip handles that are sturdy (use them INSIDE the rack or you will tip it - lesson learnt by me so you don't have to :D)

I have nothing but good things to say about mine.

Well, okay one minus - doing dips you need to be careful of your head on the way up. I'm 180cm and use height 15/16 so the weight I hang doesn't hit the floor, and I need to remember to not lean forward excessively else the rack will remind me not to.

I have one. I have bolted it to the ground. It used to move around a little when I racked weight. Otherwise its been awesome. I have used up to 300kg.

No. It has the widest width possible (allowing safe racking as well) without having a sumo base.

Btw, yes I have one. I weigh 90kg. It moves a bit when im doing muscle ups so I put some weight on the bar in the rack, simple. Never had anything on it break or fail. I've owned it for 2 years.