• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Wrist pain - advice?

GoPies

Hi All,

Feel like the old man that is falling apart.... sigh.

The latest ache and pain is in my wrist. The strange thing is that it feels ok doing weights if kept in the correct position but it hurts lots when doing things like driving (turning). The sidewards / twisting motion hurts my right wrist. Using a mouse does not seem to hurt. But if I make the same motion as using a screw driver it hurts.

It hurts on the outside of the wrist (right) on the little finger side. The pain is pretty localised to that area.

Should I continue on with doing weights, or take time out until it comes good?

I'm sure I will be told I need more info. and I apologise in advance if I have not given enough. Fire away any questions and I'll answer them as best as I can.

give it some rest, i get it sometimes similar sort of pain,, when i get it i do lots of wrist stretching and give it some wrist to try not to aggrevate it

give it some rest, i get it sometimes similar sort of pain,, when i get it i do lots of wrist stretching and give it some wrist to try not to aggrevate it

Damn, I really don't like missing my gym sessions :(

Do you have any idea how your pain is caused? I have a feeling mine might be due to barbell curls. But I'm not totally sure. I think I have my hands too close together. I know I feel some discomfort while doing barbell curls. *Shrugs*

How long does it take for your wrist to come good ?

Stop doing curls but continue yout workout... see what happens.

Also try rubbing one out with pronated grip.

mine happens from front squats or cleans when flicking wrists round then bar landing on shoulders i sometimes dont warm up enough or stretch wrists enough and it can get aggrevated from the pressure of the catch and the stretch which happens on wrists. when it hurts i stop and do other thngs that dont make it worse.. do ehaps of squats.

ive had this pain in the past, i pushed through it. what i did tho was start using wrist wraps. worked unreal.

I have a feeling mine might be due to barbell curls. But I'm not totally sure. I think I have my hands too close together.

Mate,

I have the same wrist issues when doing heavy barbell curls and preacher curls, but the pain is only really apparent when I am actually doing the movement and it seems to go away after an hour or two.

In future i'll be going back to dumb bells (hammer curls) as it doesn't cause me anywhere near as much grief...

my left wrist is pretty fucked, it is making squatting an absolute bitch.

basically, i am unable to flex my left forearm, the wrist just doesn't like being bent and flexed that way

in short, i sympathise with you lol

It seems that it is a pretty common ailment unfortunately.

I hope yours comes good in time. Have you seen a physio ?

Mine is still sore but it feels like it is getting better slowly which is a good thing. Hopefully it starts healing more quickly though *fingers crossed*.

I have the tiniest wrists in the world and have never had a problem.... Just lucky ????

TBO, I don't know. Can't be all luck. LOL.

Just never had any problems even after all these years.

I have this pain. Comes from drumming for me - I've all but given it up for this reason.
Keep the wrist in the right position as much as possible, take some fish and/or flax. I also found MSM helps heaps. use the computer less.

Mines been pretty much pain free for about a month or two now since doing this.

I'm Having the same problem Gopies, I've strapped it up though. Has it improved for you? It's really localised for me.