• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

sore shoulder

Alpha Moth

I have NO idea what brought this pain(well not really hurting, but it feels like it would if I do anything)

I don't know if it was bench pres,s but I felt the pain a day before a bench press session, so I have no idea if what it's from. I tried to to a planche (stupid) next day, and that was hurting a fair bit.

I also noticed when I do this. rotate my shoulder around:
78783485.jpg

That it feels like it's kinda scraping/more bumpy at the pivot/shoulder capsule, on the other shoulder it doesn't do that.

Also I sit at my desk like this, could this be hurting it?
48609815.jpg

I also sleep on the side it hurts.

What can I do?

Sleep on your back. Try to limit its use for a bit and see if it gets better. If it continues see a professional, because shoulders are not something you should fuck with. :)

Seriously... WTF, you ask for help and reply with that?

Sleep on your back, or the other side, its not rocket science. :confused:

Yea i've been sleeping on the otherside.

Have you had sleep paralysis? I got it once when I was on my back, it was the worse thing in my life lol

I've only had it once, a few years ago. I don't have any of the other symptoms.

I'm going to see a physio this week sometime anyway, see what he says about it. Hope it's not fucked :(

I've only had it once, a few years ago. I don't have any of the other symptoms.

I'm going to see a physio this week sometime anyway, see what he says about it. Hope it's not fucked :(
LOL I was being sarcastic. Many people experience sleep paralysis once or twice, it is quite common.

Just keep it light until you see the physio. He or she should be able to determine whats wrong, and if anything give you some rotator cuff exercises to do.

could be shoulder impingement - heavy presses is a big factor to impingement.
i have problems with my shoulders (impingement, rotator cuff) - caused by years of bad posture (great way to rectify shoulder problems is to work on maintaining good posture.
Best thing to do is see a doctor (but personally your wasting your money half the time). Take time off and wait till your pain free, start lifting again, if pain then keeps persisting then go see a doctor.

Went to a physio today, it's shoulder impingement. Got some basic exercises today to help fire up my lower traps and some tape around my my shoulder near my neck to stop that muscle from pulling my shoulder up, I tihnk that's what it's for. Will go again next week.

He said I should avoid anything like bench press, overhead or stuff like that for now. Do you think deadlift/squat will aggravate it? He said I can try them but if it does just stop them for a bit.

Last edited:
next wednesday im booked in for an ultra sound to see if my bursta is inflamed.

dave, what happens after that? how long till I can start lifting again? already been 4 weeks :(

ok well some good news..
had my x-rays and ultrasound today
no tears in tendons, my bursta wasn't inflamed

feelsgoodman

Just have to give it a few weeks and strengthen them i guess.

Went to a physio today, it's shoulder impingement. Got some basic exercises today to help fire up my lower traps and some tape around my my shoulder near my neck to stop that muscle from pulling my shoulder up, I tihnk that's what it's for. Will go again next week.

He said I should avoid anything like bench press, overhead or stuff like that for now. Do you think deadlift/squat will aggravate it? He said I can try them but if it does just stop them for a bit.

I've got the same problem, impingement, with some scar tissue on the rotator cuff , physio gave me the stretchy band to strengthen the shoulder, although, will need to look at getting it strapped when I do my Muai Thai sessions. ( no pain or discomfort, when throwing punches, but for piece of mind esp, when I'm dropping elbows :)

I can do light Bench sessions (nothing over 50KG) but can't do any chest / tricep flys, or anything that pulls my shoulder back. Haven't had any issues with squats (I've had some small back issues so have laid off the squats / deadlifts while it recovers)