• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

How do you fit it all in?

gareer

I thought I'd get some opinions on how everyone handles keeping everything going all at once. At the moment I'm juggling 4 jobs, including working at the chalk hotel, Cold Rock, promotional work for Flashpoint, and tutoring.

Amongst that I have to find time for training and eating properly, along with study and everything else.

How do you do it? I'm certainly finding it very hard at the moment. I don't know how I'm going to keep it all going.

time management , but there is only so many hours in the day , need to make sacrifices in some places ,and most of all you need to make time for yourself all work and no play

I am no help I get stressed out and half ass everything until it's over. Not a good solution. Time management is key and I am very poor at it. You could always quit a job or two.

I don't lol. I had a major breakdown where I spent two days starring at a blank computer screen. Will be seeing a councilor these holidays so that it doesnt happen again. Some tips Ive found though:

- Do subjects that you have to do and are good at (eg dont try to learn french out of curiosity with a spare unit if youre a maths person)
- Work one part time job but keep your hours around 15 a wk. Money is fun to have at our age but ultimately we're being paid peanuts at a time of our life when we need to study.
- Go out with a girl whose stable, or dont go out with a girl at all
- Get a home gym and dont wank around on assistance lifts (this would be a big thing for you lol). I can work out in no more than half an hour.
- Unless its a major never spend more than 2 days on an essay.

I make life easier by simplifying everything, between training, nutrition, Getting ample sleep, 50hrs a week at work and pleasing my lady (emotionally :)) I am full, I know my limitations and intentionally keep it this way,

Gareer, why don't you quit all your jobs except one and just get more hours there, or quit all your jobs and find something that suits you.

Thanks for the responses, and I've thought about quitting a job or two but I need every penny I can save for my trip overseas to Canada in February. So I have to take as much work as I can, and as a result I'm tired all the time and it's hard to train. I.e. I worked from 2pm till 2:30am last night at the Chalk with a half hour break.

Stable relationships (gf) - tried that and I just got bored.

Time management wise, any tips? I've got everything organised to a tee but it's still amazingly hard to keep everything going. I've actually decided to pull out of the 4th of December comp because I'm just not prepared and can't handle prep for a competition as well :(.

no use working yourself to the bone just for the sake of a trip away , sure a trip away is good but really it is just a short term thing for only some memories and photo's , is it essential that you got away in feb?

need to get your priories straightened out , weight up what is more important and aim for it , work to live not live to work

Here's what I should do but don't:

Get things done asap; assignments, chores, anything like that don't leave anything to the last minute.

Keep to a regular schedule. Set it and keep to it.

Make up food in advance. Keeps eating in check.

Keep doing the things you like, this keeps you sane.

Work somewhere you like. This way it doesnt bring you down and can make you feel better when you are stressed.

As stated I do none of the above and then go crazy, stress out, get depressed, east shit, get fat, get weaker etc etc. Bad cycle. Now I have no more uni ever I should be much better but it kills you if you don't get on top of it. It also depends on your personality. Obviously I can not juggle a highly busy stressful environment. Some people can do it and thrive on it, I thrive on setting on goal and smashing the fuck out of it. So figure out what you are like and make adjustments.

Something else - Bodybuilding is a big commitment (as is any sport, rugby, sailing etc) and at the same time you want to put yourself through a degree AND have the money to go overseas? you really can't have everything, something will have to give. For me it would be the holiday.

Many sound tips posted above, I find time management the biggest key, at the moment I juggle full time work 40+hours, part time uni (although summer semester im doing nearly full time) and 2 kids.
I get stressed out sometimes but find good hard sessions under the bar alleviate this a fair bit. I try and keep everything on a tight schedule, come home, eat, quick look at uni stuff, cook T, cook lunch and other meals, wash up, play with kids, more uni stuff and get to bed by 10 to get up at 5 again.
The thing that gets me through it mate, is knowing that this isn't permanent, couple of years and it will be all over, just keep battling.

I've been through this myself, working full-time (you pretty much work full-time hours with those 4 jobs?) and doing a degree. You need to make the most of every hour of the day, getting up earlier makes it feel like the day is longer and for some people that means getting more done. You work out at uni right? Thats a good thing because you are already there, so you can plan gym around lectures and tuts etc.

- prep meals before hand for the whole week. Tinned tuna, bulk cook rice, frozen veges, protein shakes, fruit are all your friend.

- know exactly when assignments are due and when your going to do them. This may mean not going out as much. Uni has finished now, so you have a few months to take a mental break from uni and just focus on work and gym.

Maybe try and look for a job that gives you the hours/money you want. Just jugging 4 work timetables would be enough to send anyone insane.

Oh one more thing, you could always go part time at uni. This way you can still progress with your degree and have some money to play with. :D

Last edited:
no debt

no girlfriend/wife

no kids

no study (could never do it anyway)

group house (minimum bills)

fucked off all unnessesary friends

3 day weekends

3pm job start, wake up at 9am, plenty of time to do shit when im fresh instead of wasting time watching tv like the rest of the population does after a days work. havnt watched tv for years

no debt

no girlfriend/wife

no kids

no study (could never do it anyway)

group house (minimum bills)

fucked off all unnessesary friends

3 day weekends

3pm job start, wake up at 9am, plenty of time to do shit when im fresh instead of wasting time watching tv like the rest of the population does after a days work. havnt watched tv for years

You fucking machine. I expect a 300kg squat soon with that dedication.

cab driver at the moment

i drift from one shit job to another every 3/4 years because of my insane adult attention deficit disorder. ive done building/labouring, landscaping, computer techie, night filler, retail management. managed to save a ton of cash but currently spending it on my hobbies

Well sounds like you've got the cash thing sorted, I dunno if I could hold all my money though.

I use lots of lube!! Oh man wait the title of this thread is decieving Dam u Gareer

Once u reach around 27 or so Gareer u will reach what I experienced a cross roads moment.

1. I continue in my same job and not move up the corporate ladder and make more money but give up some personal time to make it happen
2. Open a business and work 7 days s week sell the business then retire?
3. Travel the world back packing?? Find myself

I chose option 1 and 2.

Pros - I dont have any money issues anymore and will prob retire on 3million at 55 if things work out right

Cons - stressed from working and running a business giving up training and sleep sometimes but not much could have been done

When I was 18 lol I wanted to be a astronaut .. Well ther went to shit

ceffo I figured out the first bit ages ago :p

And I've started having to make some tough decisions but I guess I want everything which just isn't possible. At the moment I just can't decide what I want the most.

mate your young.. if u still live with your parents and they putting food/roof over your head just take time to figure u out what u want to do.

u wont have everything at 18/19.. unless your kerry packers son then thats a different matter.. :)