• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Medications whilst training

SKitz

Hey guys.
I was just wondering, does anyone know if taking medication while trainng can or does hinder weight training?
I've been told that it can depending on the medication, but i'd like to know if anyone has had any experience with this.

Cheers in advance

this wasn't meant for what i take, i meant in general
but i take anti inflammators anti depression and panadol forte

I take beta blockers. They are a prick of a thing. I used to black out all the time when squatting.

I'm ok now though.

All drugs affect you differently so unless you have a specific drug you can not know how or if it will affect you.

Question is why do you take the drugs you are... If its possible to reduce the doseage safely, and if the drug you are on is the best thing you could be doing...

What are you inflammatory problems? SSRI's and SNRI's wreak havic on alot of things especially liver function... Panadol forte also being hepatotoxic does not help there either..

There are alot of things you can try and do to help yourself... If you want to talk more about that we need more info.

Dont be afraid to share yourself with a board of strangers willing to help, we do not judge here..

Question is why do you take the drugs you are... If its possible to reduce the doseage safely, and if the drug you are on is the best thing you could be doing...

What are you inflammatory problems? SSRI's and SNRI's wreak havic on alot of things especially liver function... Panadol forte also being hepatotoxic does not help there either..

There are alot of things you can try and do to help yourself... If you want to talk more about that we need more info.

Dont be afraid to share yourself with a board of strangers willing to help, we do not judge here..

I'm judging you, you roider.

The "dugs" i take i need, but i believe with enough time end excercise i would be able to cut down on the panadol forte and anti inflamitories.
However, i wont be able to take away the anti depressants :(

I take the pain and anti inflams because of a disease called fybromyalgia, with it comes alot of things and one of the biggest things is inflimation of the joints, ESPECIALLY in the morning.

What other details do you need? I'm willing to disclose pretty much anything if i can get help..

The "dugs" i take i need, but i believe with enough time end excercise i would be able to cut down on the panadol forte and anti inflamitories.
However, i wont be able to take away the anti depressants :(

I take the pain and anti inflams because of a disease called fybromyalgia, with it comes alot of things and one of the biggest things is inflimation of the joints, ESPECIALLY in the morning.

What other details do you need? I'm willing to disclose pretty much anything if i can get help..

I can guarantee what you are doing for your condition is not 100% optimal for you and your condition.

Hop on amazon buy a book called " what my dr doesn't know about nutritional medicine may kill you"

Written by a dr himself who's wife developed fibromyalgia and he didn't know what to do to help her. So he had to look out side of what he knew as to help her..

1 word comes to mind when I think of your condition, mitochondria. Are the anti depressants for depression or panic disorder?

Last edited:
I can guarantee what you are doing for your condition is not 100% optimal for you and your condition.

Hop on amazon buy a book called " what my dr doesn't know about nutritional medicine may kill you"

Written by a dr himself who's wife developed fibromyalgia and he didn't know what to do to help her. So he had to look out side of what he knew as to help her..

1 word comes to mind when I think of your condition, mitochondria. Are the anti depressants for depression or panic disorder?

you seem to be rather learned there n00bs, did you just research it or do you just have medical knowledge?
the tablets are for depression, and a bit of anxiety that has seemed to settle down over the last month or 2.

What do you mean what im doing for my condition?
what would YOU recommend doing instead?

Reading! learning all you can...

I suffer depression,anxiety panic disorder i recently discorvered why this is and the cause of it. Food intolerences. I went on a little holiday from all the foods that triggered me and i went back to almost normal. This month i started drinking milk again and bam instant anxiety insomnia and phsycosis almost.

Medication is down from 300mg effexor to 75mg and no more diazapam.

ultramind-mark-hyman-cover-sm.jpg

bookcover.gif

1775154208_ddbc64fa0b.jpg

Buy these 3 books read and learn then fix your own problems by the root causes.

WOW!
I had no idea simple foods could be SO affective towards the conditions..
Whilst some of my problems are caused through various things i believe they would be mainly the same as yours, so i will endevour to give it a go.

Did you have any hassles in changing your diet to eliminate those foods?

Yes i did... But it can be done if you want to do it..

It has taken me alot of reading and alot of learning to udnerstand why.. At first i was like " oh bullshit" yadda yadda.. But that was the ignorant arrogant me.

I now study nutrition, my goal? well to hlep me self and others like me... Though alot of it is through others knowledge i have first hand experience with a patient and can tell what works and what doesnt... The patient being me of course..

wow, it's great to be able to talk to someone who has similar problems to me that has been able to do something about it.
in your opinion, apart from reading those books, what would be the best thing to start doing?

I am currently weight training.
although i am only using dumbells and a sh!tty weight machine for now it's gotta be better than nothing.
And i have started to improve my diet, trying to cut out heaps of crap, not drinking fizzy drink anymore, and trying to keep the water up.

i know i still have a HUGE way to go, but i'd like to think i am headed in the right direction.

Yes you are my friend.

Best thing to do?

Cut out all processed foods... ALL

cut out all dairy.. Cut out sugars, eat natural food.... Fix your gut issues and your mitochondria and be happy.

Drink alot of water... PM me if you want to talk more about it there are things you can do diet wise but it wont make sense until you read some info about why you are the way you are..

If i mention we have to fix your digestive now then you wont understand why and you might not give it 100% attention to detail it needs to get better. But once you understand why you are doing somehting you can give yourself 100% to the cause and get serious about it.

I can help you in time but you need to find info first. look for the audio book of ultramind on the usual places "argh me harties" if you want to get started now.

Medications should be done after doctors advice. One of my friend got some complications after taking medicine without any consult from doctor. You should consult your physician.
--------------------
Designers Blog

Last edited: