• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

pushup pain

SKitz

got another n00b question.
i've been trying various different excercises, most i'be been ok with. however, IF i try doing pushups i experiernce lots of pain in my shoulders. would anyone know why?:confused:
is it im just simply too weak considering i'm a horirble 93kgs?:(
or would it be something different?

cheers

got another n00b question.
i've been trying various different excercises, most i'be been ok with. however, IF i try doing pushups i experiernce lots of pain in my shoulders. would anyone know why?:confused:
is it im just simply too weak considering i'm a horirble 93kgs?:(
or would it be something different?

cheers
What part of the shoulder? In the scapula or in the actual joint?

Try to have them out a little bit wider and see if that helps.

Being 93kg does not have any correlation to your strength. I weigh 90ish and can push out 40-50 pushups (I'm not saying that's good lol), so you can get there, just start with a couple in the morning and add 1 more everyday.

yeha, i have been in the ninety's for the past 6 years, and im only 24... i think i have been 94 for about 5 years of that.... Im not that great at oush ups either, and i find i get sore, not pain, in my shoulder, but i find its just a lack of strength there, i just do them most workouts to get used to it...

SO, my input is no help to your cause... just wanted to put in a comment.. sorry

thanks for the feedback,
i usually have my hands about shoulder width apart (placed were a trainer showed me ages ago)
where is hard to say as im not sure what the muscles are called, but its on the back of my shoulder just near the joint. it also hurts my pecs and chest (where underarm turns to pec)

Where abouts are the hands in relation to the torso? they should be in line with the nipples which will take stress off the shoulder capsule.

Do you warm up before doing pushups, I get pain if I do pushups from cold because im heavy, I have to warmup first.

I warm up before i exercise and my hands are normally a bit wider than my nipples. so that could be the problem? i'll try having them closer next time.

on another topic, if your sore on the day your meant to work out do you still do it? or do you just skip it?

Pushups are in essence 66% tricep, if your experiencing pain in your should it is mostly going to be lack of strength in that area, add me on msn if you want ill help run you through some should workouts that will help, saluxford@passport.com