• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What are you getting next?

Oli

Those with advanced home gyms only. 'ima get everything' novices and having to explain power racks gets tedious.

Whats next on your to get list?

Me:
- A garage with a high roof and lots of space (lol)
- A 1500lb MM beater bar and 180kg more plates (more 25s and I wanna replace the faggy coloured weights i started with)
- Rubber matting
- An MM commercial incline bench
- More rubber dumbbell plates

My next 2 purchases are going to be a little costly.
- another bench, squat rack/stands, cage.
- 2 more abc bars
- bumpers and more plates

Then will be more flooring and build a platform.

After that
- dumbbells
- kettlebells

We need a new bench, more weights and collars and after that I might be getting a cable attachment for the rack.

I need a:
new bench (mines too high currently),
squat stands, so two people can squat or bench at the same time, and i can use it for overhead work, instead of cleaning it up)
thin 20 or 25kg plates.
weight tree.

Just got some kettlebells the other night.

Got an 8kg, 16kg, 2x20kg and a 32kg.

Next purchase is a 64kg which is currently on order and should be here mid next week.

P.S. i dont have a rack or anything :p

Nautilus 2nd generation pull-over, if I can find one.

Other than that I have everything I need.

I know ground based equipment is not popular here, but at my stage of training they become your friend, not your enemy.

I need some more Ivanko 25kg plates, maybe some more bumpers.Gyms getting new clients every week, we really stretch my resources for plates. I have around 1200kg of plates now, maybe another 200kg needed.

A glute/ham raise bench

A Prowler

A big tyre

A pair of 40kg DB's, I have 35's and 45's

They are already made, should be in Oz shortly.

Test them on?

The girls of course.

They are looking at getting a 100kg KB in for the guys, will know soon enough

sorry if this is a dumb question, but can someone explain to me what the big deal about bumpers is and why would get them over normal olympic plates?

They are already made, should be in Oz shortly.

Test them on?

The girls of course.

They are looking at getting a 100kg KB in for the guys, will know soon enough

Sounds good, can't wait!!

ebagz : "sorry if this is a dumb question, but can someone explain to me what the big deal about bumpers is and why would get them over normal olympic plates?"

Bumper plates are able to be dropped without cracking or damaging flooring, this makes them useful to people who plan on doing Olympic lifts and may need to drop the plates if they fail or are too heavy to put down normally

sorry if this is a dumb question, but can someone explain to me what the big deal about bumpers is and why would get them over normal olympic plates?

Whats a normal Olympic plate?

Originally, all "olympic" plates were bumpers.

People now use the term to describe the 50mm hole as opposed to the 25mm hole

oh ok I see.. thanks.. always wondered why people payed more for bumpers I thought it was just that they were all the same height and pretty colours.

Yes I was referring to regular plates that fit on olympic bars ..50mm holes and all the plates are different sizes depending on weight and manufacturer

upgrade from MM rack to commercial in the future
bumper plates
flat and incline MM bench
another MM bar to play with
lifting platform

This week i'll be upgrading from my standard plates/bar to olympic. I'll be buying 4x25kg, 2x20kg, 2x15kg, 2x10kg, 2x5kg all bumper plates, as well as 2x2.5kg and 2x1.25kg normal plates. A MM Bar rated for 600kg. Still trying to decide if I should get a weight tree while i'm at it, just not sure if i'll ever be bother to put the plates back on it.